Notices

Bravo XR Capabilities?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:31 AM
sl
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience is very similar with some previous comments 39', twin blown 800's, XRs with Imco lowers, no problems but am careful coming out of the hole and re-entry's, also increased maintenance (20 hr oil changes)
Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DirtyJerz
So is it as simple as just pulling the xr off, then bolting up the scx, then buttoning up the steering, etc? Dimensions for the steering hooking up to the scx all the same?

Damn, this boating thing gets pretty expensive.........
There is no such thing as a plug and play conversion. Some are easier than others, but all invoves some rigging and dialing in.

And with 800 hp in frot of a bravo style drive, the price goes up really fast too. Ever looked into the Arneson bravo conversion?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
There is no such thing as a plug and play conversion. Some are easier than others, but all invoves some rigging and dialing in.

And with 800 hp in frot of a bravo style drive, the price goes up really fast too. Ever looked into the Arneson bravo conversion?
Yeah I have, but at ~20k + my pockets would be extremely anorexic!!! lol
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Not much to it. Swap out Gimbal and replace oil reservoir. Everything else bolts up. A blown drive can do alot of damage to your boat and motor.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

I have blown 800HP on a flat bottom top gun. Now I do have teague billet top caps to help. I have had no problems with my drives. Its all about how you treat them if they survive or get blew up!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:11 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

I'm going to be selling everything off of the back of my boat in a few weeks. Stellings extension boxes, External steering, HP gimbles and Imco SC'c with -2 shorties. Everything is in great shape, planning on going to the ASD7 conversions. $20K for everything seems like a quick sale price.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Sorry for the hijack This thread has me wondering! I'm running a XR with a 502 EFI mag, M3 procharger and bigger cam ETC @5LBS of boost have no clue what its making for HP. I'm starting to think I'm in the danger zone as well. In a 27' fever.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

it's a little bit of how you drive and Alot a bit luck. I didn't buy my boat to take it easy and if I can't use it I don't want it. I was some what easy on mine and have gone thru 2 XRs and 2 Teaques. One caused coupler to fail, took out Wye pipe and did alot of damage. SCX is worth the price...
Old 08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How about the Konrad package?
Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
How about the Konrad package?
I dont know anything about them. Im kinda new to the drive thing. What are the pro's / con's compared to the others that were mentioned earlier in this thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.