Notices

Barnegat Bay Hotspots?

Old 06-07-2002, 02:42 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Barnegat Bay Hotspots?

The family and I are going to NJ to visit family next week. We will be staying at the families new house in Manasquan. We will be cruising around in the Sea Ray and I was wanting to know where all the hot spots are? Can anyone recommend some good places to eat on the water? Any points of intrest we should see? Any kid freindly places to hang out? Time is limited so I want make the best use of the boat as I can. THANKS
Old 06-07-2002, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Eat

Lobster Shanty on the Toms River has docking, Waters Edge for outside and inside eating and live music, the water is a little ruff at times they are on the bay in Bayville NJ just passed the Sea Side Bridge. The Warfside in Point Pleasant on the inlet. There is Treasure Island that is a great place to go with a boat that is in the middle of the bay by the canal if you just want to hang and lounge in the sun. (Just a Beach) Tices Shoal in Island beach State Park that is a good ride past the SeaSide Bridge about another 20 miles South Marker 74 Turn left and head toward the land, Follow the boats Usally a couple 100 boats hang out here and Party . Catus Island Toms River, Silver Bay section before the bridge this is another boat hang out! These are places to Anchor off and enjoy the day
Old 06-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Frank. Hope you had a Happy Birthday Hope the weather is good while we are up there.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:14 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Look for Silver Bay on the chart. Huge fleet of boats at anchor all weekend long.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:39 AM
Boat Girl

Oh the Waters Edge, Silver Bay, oh I miss Jersey, ooops did I say that out loud...Frank gave you all of the happenings have fun...

Old 06-07-2002, 12:39 PM
djm
Registered

Frank, I've never been in the Toms River or Silver bay. How's the depth? I think the chart shows 4-7 everywhere except for the one area on the South side that's about 2ft deep. Thanks
Old 06-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

The entire bay is shallow. If there are channel markers you must follow them. Silver bay is about 6 feet deep so there are no markers to follow. Toms River is also deep enough to not need many markers. Just follow the other boats in the main channel when crossing the bay and keep a chart handy.

If you get outside of a channel, you might be in two feet of water.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I herd theres a party at RonP's this weekend ! Everybodys invited ! Your a great guy Ron !
I'm finaly going to get my first boat ride this year . NOt on mine though I'll be in Tuckerton Tuning and cruising a friends 38' Fountain SC with blower motors . Can't wait !
Old 06-07-2002, 01:56 PM
Registered

For the kids, check out Seaside - boardwalk, rides, arcades, etc. Point Pleasant also has some stuff on the boardwalk.
Old 06-07-2002, 03:23 PM
djm
Registered

Thanks. Don't forget about F-cove. Baoat access only, it's between treasure island and the mantoloking bridge on the west side. It's tough to see the entrance if you don't know what your looking for so you may need to wait for a boat to follow. The entrance is real shallow but then it gets deep, 15-20ft. Lots of people beach the boats and party back there. It's like Tice's Shoal but much more personal.

Quick Reply: Barnegat Bay Hotspots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.