Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My 78 year old Dad sent me this tonight. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26102-my-78-year-old-dad-sent-me-tonight.html)

otcbb4me 06-07-2002 08:14 PM

My 78 year old Dad sent me this tonight.

He asked me to pass it along, I hope it's OK here

Touché
After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her drivers license with her face covered, I believe this is even more appropriate. Read on, please!

This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa Newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because men and women, on principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.

Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedoms.....

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Please pass this along if you agree.

puder 06-07-2002 09:46 PM

"religion is the opiate of the masses"

more wars have been fought over "god" than anything else. I believe some people take religion far to seriously and pervert it to suit thier own needs. There is nothing wrong with faith in a power greater than yourself but once you begin to force that belief on someone else you have a problem. In my mind if Islamic fundementalist want to run off into teh dessert and blow themselves up killing ONLY themselves in the process, More power to them. Hell if teh palestinaians want to throw rack at walls so they ricochet back knocking them unconsciouse they have my blessing. If ring wing jesus freaks want to drink cyanide and massage diamon back rattlers i say bottoms up!

BUT once they start telling me I have to do this or forcing me to conform to thier belief system they can kiss my free thinking american ass.

I WHOLEY agree you live here you follow the rules established by our society. You live in a society you play by its rules and learn its ways and language. You also fight to support that society. If you don't you are meary a hipocrate and an unjust person.

Socrates figured that one out 2500 years ago.

puder 06-07-2002 09:47 PM

OH By The Way.

I like the way your dad thinks for an old guy he is pretty bad ass!

h2owarrior 06-07-2002 09:53 PM

I cannot wait to read what supercrash and catmando have to write about this:D

puder 06-07-2002 10:34 PM

me either :D

Steve 1 06-07-2002 10:42 PM

To Immigrating Ingrates: This Countries founding Instruments were written in English! Enough said!

Second you come here for the Opportunity to have a good life (Opportunity) Key word here. No guarantees where the government subsidizes your lifestyle as some of our more recent refugees have had! At the expense of our own poor who need the help.

Third since it was your own Ancestors who screwed up your Sewer like former country and not mine! Do not try to impress me by flying the dirty foreign flag from your automobile, save it for the bottom of a bird cage.

You seem to be working very hard at imparting the Third worlds flavor to our cities by naming sections (where the real Americans lived who fought and died in our wars ) after the Slum villages and towns back home, the answer is simple go the hell back Home, for as much as you resent us for our achievement! We also can resent you for being Slothful !!

:mad:

GO4BROKE 06-07-2002 10:45 PM

I agree completely. I'm tired of the PC freaks that constantly bash this country to defend the rights of foriegners to be un-American. If patriotism is offensive to you, get the hell out.

BTJ88 06-07-2002 10:52 PM

Yeah, what they said!!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of my tax dollers going to the addaptation of just about everything so it can be understood and used by freeloading imigrants that are either too lazy or too ungrateful to become apart of the society in which they live.

If you can't speak/read the language or follow the rules - GO HOME!!!!!!!!:mad:

joeyoffshore 06-07-2002 11:02 PM

Hey otcbb4me, I love your Pop for his views and this post.

SunseekerNY 06-07-2002 11:13 PM

Puder,

You NEVER cease to amaze me. Very well put!

There is one thing I disagree with however, (don't bash me too hard, please). America is a "melting pot." Don't you think we should be multilingual? I personally think that every child should be REQUIRED to take a second language in school - of their choice, including Zimbabwe, need be.

I live in Edgewater, NJ. I walk/jog 7 miles everyday up the Hudson River waterfront, and I am actually surprised when I hear people speaking in English.

A smile is universal.

Jennfier