Notices

201 - My Way

Old 08-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoreone
Please note: John ARRUDA was NOT in the My Way Boat. John Cosker was in the cockpit with Bill Tomlinson's throttleman on all runs today.

Only 2 guys named John have hit the 200+ mph mark at LOTO and Arruda is not one of them.

Huge congrats to Bill Tomlinson
Ok, my mistake. Good to hear that.

Bill T. still ran 201 yesterday which was faster than anyone so I vote he get's the trophy.

If he didn't run at all, then I'll agree with some.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
W/the money this event brings to the promoters I would hope this is the last time this happens or the last time these guys show up and abuse their equipment "for fun".

Pathetic.
How much do the promoters recieve from this event?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRL505
Then Cosker should of accepted the trophy....
Who cares, lets just be happy for them and everyone that made it possible. The trophy is important for about 5 min then its forgot about. Congrats to all involved and I love to see these huge accomplishments made in this great sport that we all love. If I was going 200+ the last thing in my mind would be a $2 trophy.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's all about the bragging rights! Everyone runs because it is fun! I ran in 09 and would do it again & intend to do it again.
The fun for me was doing what nobody said my boat would do. Eclipse the class record by 5mph and hold it now for 3 years.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Keep it in the USA.....someone needs to top that Kanuck tomorrow. And I hope its a piston powered boat... No...the problem with Turbine boats is that they are gay.

With comments like these that really pisses me off cause yall will never be there in life. I know know Bill T. personaly. He is more of a man than most will ever be. Bill T. has yes paid his dues and worked his butt off to get to where he is today. So if he wants to spend his money on toys that most can't afford, then more power to him.He's a man that can have you for a snack then spits you out and keeps on going. He knows what he wants in life and gets it too. So before you make comments and snide remarks, take a deep look at your self and think before you open your mouth.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

I always like to watch the big guns in the piston boats but the MY Way's guys really put on a show... To make as many passes down the course as they did this weekend it was amazing...

Congrats on the 208 and hope you come back down next year to put a bigger number on the board...

Hopefully they can come up with a better timing system that doesn't miss any of the runs. It's always been somewhat of an issue over the years with runs not getting recorded... The two passes looked that were missed looked like they were extremely fast runs...
Old 08-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some thing sounds a little funny if the only 2 runs that did not get a reading were on this boat "My Way" .
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=JasonSmith;3490651]It's all about the bragging rights!/QUOTE]

+1

If you don't wanna hear someone brag, step up and beat 'em.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boating37
Some thing sounds a little funny if the only 2 runs that did not get a reading were on this boat "My Way" .
So are you implying that the organizres sabotaged the event? Callan and David Scott, both Mistics as well, dealt with the same issues. It's difficult to get a radar reading from a sleek boat running those speeds. The organizers have nothing to gain by playing games with the radar.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:05 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Congratulations to the entire My Way team! An awesome boat to say the least. Talked with them during the event and was as excited as anyone else while watching each of their passes.

The radar issue is a serious problem. It is one of the two primary reasons I did not run this year.

Last year JT and I had a 30mph start - gps read 218 and radar gave us 208. This year My Way got a 40mph start - gps read 221 and radar gave them a 208.

There is far too much money & danger involved to run these kind of speeds only have to worry about radar accuracy issues when competing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.