Notices

Aol account hacked

Old 08-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
But did you want her back?

Sorry, could'nt help it.

LMAO.. they asked everyone on the contact list for money to ship her back and didn't even ask my opinion on the subject...

The best was her father called to say we were hacked just after midnight- he obviously was pi$$ed at the quality of the email rather than the inconvenience.

As he put it" I paid a hell of a pile of money for her education and this is the kind of letter someone sends trying to ask for money......the grammer alone was ESL at best...."

We were trying to figure out how much of a hack we experienced and her father is worried about spelling errors..... I guess he was expecting an Ivy league hack on his daughter's behalfhttp://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/images/smilies/angry-smiley-038.gif

Got lucky, We were only hacked in the Yahoo account as the computer and the rest was clean
Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they hacked my AOL through facebook. Everything else is OK so far.

Have not seen new/unusual activity in my AOL since the password change, but my friends that repied are still getting new messages from them. Unfortunately all my contacts were deleted so I can't send out a new address.

This sucks ...
Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

just set up another email and close the other one, do as mark said and change the password and never open it again, just have all your friends put that email in thier spam filter. usually the facebook hacks are from clicking on a link about "see who view your profile" or "look what the dad caught his daughter doing" just dont click on them. hope this helps
Old 08-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Change every password you can remember you have, online banking, aol, yahoo, facebook, credit cards, you name it change the password and make it as long of a password as you can remember and try and use caps and numbers and leteres.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OH ya and if you can remember more then one passoword I have certain passwords for banking and others for crap like facebook. That way if they get my facebook password all my others are still secure.