Fastest Vee Bottom at LOTO

Notices

Fastest Vee Bottom at LOTO

Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts
Default Doh!

Originally Posted by Boomer35
i could be wrong, but im pretty sure a skater laid up and rigged hull with a fountian logo on the side,
Forgot all about that little marriage
Old 08-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXASRPM
I have to say that 135 to 150 mph sounds real fast and is, but running it in a 40+ ft Kevlar hull, with hyd steering and in a protective canopy while takes experience just does not seem so extraordinary with all due respect. Maybe running WOT in offshore conditions with 4 to 6 ft seas is impressive but on an inland lake. What were the water conditions? For those of use that do not run such a beautiful boat what are some of the skills necessary to make a run at LOTO?
It's a lot harder than most think. I thought the same thing as most my first time. Just pull up and smash the throttles to the dash...right? It's not that easy. It's very nerve racking. It is mentally exhausting. You never think about it when you are on open water running at speed. You can let the boat drift if it wants to. At the Shootout, you have to stay on a fairly narrow course and go between the exit buoys dead center to get the best reading. I think they are only about 100-125 feet apart. I can't imagine doing it at over 200. Combine that with the enormous crowds, fighting for one more mph to win, etc. I can tell you that it was not what I expected.
The owner of the Skater vee I ran made a pass with it on Sunday morning. He has well over 100 hours in that boat. I have about 5 hrs, but I have made several passes at the Shootout with it. He only got the boat to 102. He accidentally pulled one kill switch right at the start. He was so worked up that he was trying to start the engine in gear. Needless to say, it wouldn't crank. When he got it started, he was past the start line and was off plane. This is certainly nothing against the owner. He knows the boat way better than I do. He has a ton more time in it than I do. My point is that it isn't as easy as most would think.
I think everyone should give it a try. It's not about winning. It is an absolute blast. I have to say that the Shootout is the most fun I have at any boating event. Go give it a try.
Eddie

Last edited by Young Performance; 08-29-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance
It's a lot harder than most think. I thought the same thing as most my first time. Just pull up and smash the throttles to the dash...right? It's not that easy. It's very nerve racking. It is mentally exhausting. You never think about it when you are on open water running at speed. You can let the boat drift if it wants to. At the Shootout, you have to stay on a fairly narrow course and go between the exit buoys dead center to get the best reading. I think they are only about 100-125 feet apart. I can't imagine doing it at over 200. Combine that with the enormous crowds, fighting for one more mph to win, etc. I can tell you that it was not what I expected.
The owner of the Skater vee I ran made a pass with it on Sunday morning. He has well over 100 hours in that boat. I have about 5 hrs, but I have made several passes at the Shootout with it. He only got the boat to 102. He accidentally pulled one kill switch right at the start. He was so worked up that he was trying to start the engine in gear. Needless to say, it wouldn't crank. When he got it started, he was past the start line and was off plane. This is certainly nothing against the owner. He knows the boat way better than I do. He has a ton more time in it than I do. My point is that it isn't as easy as most would think.
I think everyone should give it a try. It's not about winning. It is an absolute blast. I have to say that the Shootout is the most fun I have at any boating event. Go give it a try.
Eddie
Well put, Eddie. Participating beats spectating any day, right?

BTW, your gang is a class act. One of your guys talked our ears off while you guys were busting to get the Skater V back on the water on Sunday. Answered all our questions and then some. Glad to see you make the event and look forward to seeing you back next year.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
This boat can run close to 150 with the motors in it. We have other boats that can run reggies record. I've been 170 with plenty more left. Reggie still holds the sanctioned vee bottom record there's no arguing that. Not being biased but outerlimits builds more fast vee bottoms than anyone.
Which v bottom were you in running 170? wow

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats to the winner !! I've always been an old school open cockpit kinda dude, but I gotta say that the Outerlimits is an absolutely gorgeous looking boat !! I can also imagine that the pics. that are posted (although very good shots!) do it no justice... So again congratulations to all involved in making it happen..

I was out of town over the weekend, and might I add pleasantly away from a computer so I missed all of the runs...

My hats go off to any of the boats that ran these kind of speeds.. It way to often gets lost or forgotten in so much of the drama b.s that there is an Extremely small percentage of 10,000 (orso?) pound V-bottom Anything's that can run a 1-mile course like that at anything above 100 mph.. I mean seriously cruise around your local lake, inlet, ocean, or whatever and count them out..

The time, money , and dedication it takes to compete at a level like that whether it be a fast V-bottom, a Cat or friggin insane pontoon boat for that matter is something most people will never fully understand anyways... So with being said I have respect for all who worked their azz's off day & night to get there and compete !!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Which v bottom were you in running 170? wow
Hi Rob, this is "the old guy"

I would guess Dan is talking about this boat..

This is the fastest OL deep vee built to date..my guess..these hulls can handle the power!

What impresses me is they are putting up these speeds with production boats..not a one off race boat..I made the mistake of taking a ride with Mike last January!
Attached Thumbnails Fastest Vee Bottom at LOTO-cimg0736.jpg   Fastest Vee Bottom at LOTO-0121111519.jpg  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the V bottom Skaters best run?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
What was the V bottom Skaters best run?
128MPH. Class winner results can be seen here http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/results.html
Allen
Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 29scarab10
128MPH. Class winner results can be seen here http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/results.html
Allen
What's the difference between professional and non-professional?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Not a 100% on KW, but we are planning to make the event.

We have to pick up the pieces after LOTO week:
* In the global warmer boat we lost a motor on Thursday,
* Had some issues with the 1200 Merc fuel pumps in the 47
* We put up a bigger triple digit number with the SVL, than our 47 ( a pair of 1200) this past weekend.
* The most reliable was the Center C with triple verado package
Doc- did you purchase Global Warmer from Dan?

Nice job at the shootout, you looked good !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.