Fastest Vee Bottom at LOTO >

Fastest Vee Bottom at LOTO

Notices

Fastest Vee Bottom at LOTO

Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
It takes alot of talent to navigate a V Bottom >135, I have alot of respenct to the OL team this weeked.
Congrats to the success of the Outerlimits SV 43 at LOTO. I had a chance to watch this boat run on the course and what a showcase at the dock!. I am sure with a longer stretch it would pick up some addtional MPH.

When I had the 1075 package in our open canopy 42 fountain poker run, it was tested in Powerboat at 144-146. Then when we converted to a full canopy Pleasure-Race Boat ( stereo/AC and 4 seats), it would top `150+, but the best we could do in a mile at LOTO was 139.

Then in the fall of 2010, we changed the Merc Motors out to the new 1200, preparing for KW, the testing speeds were improved again. It was aquired, before KW, and has a new home in Trinidad, on the OS racing circuit

The 2011 LOTO was a wonderful event, and the performance of this OL-43 was outstanding. It will soon be time to start snowmobiling

Doc J
Denver
Doc J hey didn't you run the new svl 29/30 fountain , watch your back !!!! nice name and boat, both boats, if I ever get my knee replacement fixed right with my other knee my back is next.I would like your advise or have you fix it if possible. I just put up with it and take ice packs and meds. but my arms and hands go numb at night now. good luck racing. Art
Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
We don't need to try when our construction methods and hull designs are already advanced.
You can read two in-depth stories about Outerlimits construction processes in the October/November issue of Professional BoatBuilder magazine.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Ididn't see anything about the shootout, just bull chit about mini SO, and partys, pr, no classes. yes for rc. anyone find it. like to know what the saber will be under next year. since I can't finish it until all my trees are cut up from the biotch storm, I'm the only azz in my town to loose 6 trees and not one hit the house or baja well theres a leaner that might be close. my 1st run will be another week off or after labor day cause of the storm. congrats to OL and JC. MAYBE I SHOULD PUT A SAIL ON IT.
Sorry. They pull the class info when they pull the registration link off the site. It's posted around here somewhere. Not sure where. Maybe someone will paste it here.

Your 28 will likely be a NV2ab. (Non-professional, V-bottom, 27'-31' long, a=engine designation, b=# of engines).
Old 08-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wideopen30
Hey JC it runs better then a 22 progression lol
OMG drive that thing into the rocks already!!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered

Talking Wheres The Luv On Oso!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by TEXASRPM
News to me. When was the actual run?

I know about the invitational at the Fountain factory were the OuterL XXX
Had mechanical trouble and was unable to run. If this was the gauntlet, they did not run and the outcome would still be up in the air.
there was something about a bridge being opened for the fountain run and not for the others. hey sonic has made a nice boat for years with lots of room, fountains are a rougher ride with lil room in real sea's and both are production made boats like a lot of other boats , nuten wrong with dat. but. outerlimits and skater,mti, saber,sutphen and a few others are custom made boats with hull and decks glassed together a few made each year. good luck to RF on his new boats I have his driving tapes from the 1990s love them. ps I would check the SONIC threads before buying one now though, they have been screwing brother sp123 over a boat for a year all most. not sure if he got it. read the story its sad for what has happened to a OSO BROTHER. Art out cutting tree's up from the biotch storm
Old 09-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Sorry. They pull the class info when they pull the registration link off the site. It's posted around here somewhere. Not sure where. Maybe someone will paste it here.

Your 28 will likely be a NV2ab. (Non-professional, V-bottom, 27'-31' long, a=engine designation, b=# of engines).
hey thanks, I was taking a break from cutting trees and cleaning up. I hope to go out there next year. back to the site looks good and theres a lot to do. it must be 30hours out to there from here, I am a 1/2 from south of BOSTON MA or 1/2 hour north of PROVIDENCE RI. it would be cool to bring some of the sutphens from here to. maybe rent a RV so we could tow all day and night. thanks again sorry for venting earlier, this storm clean up sux, I was hoping to run the boat end of the week NOT.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey thanks, I was taking a break from cutting trees and cleaning up. I hope to go out there next year. back to the site looks good and theres a lot to do. it must be 30hours out to there from here, I am a 1/2 from south of BOSTON MA or 1/2 hour north of PROVIDENCE RI. it would be cool to bring some of the sutphens from here to. maybe rent a RV so we could tow all day and night. thanks again sorry for venting earlier, this storm clean up sux, I was hoping to run the boat end of the week NOT.
No worries.

Borrowing from Omerta One in another post here:

DIVISION(S):

P……..PROFESSIONAL
M…….MANUFACTURERS
N…….NON-PROFESSIONAL

HULL TYPES:

V……V-HULL BOATS
C……CATAMARAN AND TUNNEL HULL BOATS
VO….V-HULL OUTBOARDS
CO….CATAMARAN AND TUNNEL HULL BOATS W/OUTBOARDS
P……PONTOON
D……DECK BOATS
F……FACTORY BOATS
H……HYDROPLANES

LENGTHS:

1…… ………22' - 26'
2…… ………27' - 31'
3…… ………32' - 35'
4…… ………36' - 42'
5……………43' AND OVER

ENGINE CLASSIFICATIONS:

S - STOCK ENGINES (ANY PRODUCTION ENGINES WITHOUT MODIFICATION, 500 HP ENGINES ARE NOT STOCK)

F - FOR MODIFIED FACTORY ENGINES WITHOUT POWER (INCLUDES 525 SC STOCK)

M - CUSTOM BUILT MODIFIED ENGINES WITHOUT POWER ADDED FEATURES

P - POWER ADDED FEATURES (i.e. BLOWERS, TURBOS, NITROS,etc.)

T - TURBINES

A - MERC 700's

Last digit = NUMBER OF ENGINES

EXAMPLE - PV3P4 is Professional division, V-HULL, 32' - 35', POWER ADDED W/4 ENGINES

Last edited by Keytime; 09-01-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Billy Betz in his Outerlimits SV 43 is the fastest vee bottom as of now at LOTO with a 140mph pass. The boat is a full canopied boat with 1075s and number 6's! The boat will run past 140 given more room to stretch her legs!!
It was a fantastic boat, and great performance.
The shootout results reflect the top V was 139( same as last year), not 140
was there a posting error?

Cheers
Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Doc J hey didn't you run the new svl 29/30 fountain , watch your back !!!! nice name and boat, both boats, if I ever get my knee replacement fixed right with my other knee my back is next.I would like your advise or have you fix it if possible. I just put up with it and take ice packs and meds. but my arms and hands go numb at night now. good luck racing. Art
Correct, we played around with the Watch Your Back (30 fountain SVL) and the 47 ( with a pair of 1200) this past weekend at LOTO. It was a great weekend
Sorry for the past 20 years, I only manage spine surgery and trauma

Cheers
Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Correct, we played around with the Watch Your Back (30 fountain SVL)
care to enlighten everyone on how you were able to get Watch Your Back into triple digits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.