Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fastest Vee Bottom at LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261172-fastest-vee-bottom-loto.html)

nova26 08-28-2011 10:21 PM

Was there a 29ft class?

Coolerman 08-28-2011 11:13 PM

Congrats to OL on their great run!

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3490582)
Your right Downtown.......you don't. It's a handful.
On the last run, I was at 134 and pulling good when it got out of shape and I had to lift. Went all the way down to 105 to get it to settle down, then back in the gas up to 126. You can't hold it over 130 for long. The slightest little thing will upset it and you CAN"T drive through it. It will just get worse until you slow down. It's really good up to 130, but then, it's who knows.
We just had a rough weekend. Whatever could have went wrong did. I'm not making any excuses and certainly not taking anything away from Dennis and Jason Parvey. They ran their a$$ off and deserve it. They were better than us this weekend. I ran quite a bit faster than recorded but that's all part of it. I don't have any regrets. We had a blast and we will be back. Again, congrats to Dennis and Jason.
Eddie

Thanks Eddie! We've been coming to the event since the early 90's and have quite a bit of time figuring how to get good readings on radar. We were pleased with our 129 on radar, but we wanted more of course

Looking forward to seeing Bruce's new boat next year. Talk to you soon.

mpally 08-28-2011 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by nova26 (Post 3490643)
Was there a 29ft class?

Yes, classes for 22 ft on up.

phragle 08-29-2011 03:11 AM

I'm not making any excuses and certainly not taking anything away from Dennis and Jason Parvey. They ran their a$$ off and deserve it. They were better than us this weekend. I ran quite a bit faster than recorded but that's all part of it. I don't have any regrets. We had a blast and we will be back. Again, congrats to Dennis and Jason.
Eddie

Now thats a class. Something that seems to be missing from the kindergarten king of the hill,my huffy's better than your schwinn crowd. It doesn't matter if its a 16' bayliner or a turbine powered mystic... If your boat puts a smile on your face, you win.

Smarty 08-29-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3490527)
Stock 1075 in a sv43 hung out runs around 143.

Why are you telling me this? I don't care what a SV43 with stock 1075's runs.

I know a SV with 1200's runs 139/140 mph according to the radar at LOTO. Still the fastest V at the shootout and that is what matters most. King of V's at LOTO. Now that is what is worth talking about.

Jerry Sabatino 08-29-2011 08:04 AM

hey eddie it's funny how that 126 stuck with you all weekend from breakfast saturday. bruce must of known something we didn't. glad you all had a good time and everything is well. i cant wait to see who ends up with that boat .

SS930 08-29-2011 08:13 AM

TRL505,
Do yourself a favor and stop posting the trash talk (with people you dont even know), you're not coming off well... And this has nothing to do with brands. ;)

thumper038 08-29-2011 08:29 AM

Your right Downtown.......you don't. It's a handful.
On the last run, I was at 134 and pulling good when it got out of shape and I had to lift. Went all the way down to 105 to get it to settle down, then back in the gas up to 126. You can't hold it over 130 for long. The slightest little thing will upset it and you CAN"T drive through it. It will just get worse until you slow down. It's really good up to 130, but then, it's who knows.
We just had a rough weekend. Whatever could have went wrong did. I'm not making any excuses and certainly not taking anything away from Dennis and Jason Parvey. They ran their a$$ off and deserve it. They were better than us this weekend. I ran quite a bit faster than recorded but that's all part of it. I don't have any regrets. We had a blast and we will be back. Again, congrats to Dennis and Jason.
Eddie

Good to hang with you Eddie and crew my boy and I had fun if nothing else and ( flash back to drag racing days )
And my parted out Skater parts totaled 83 + 126 = 209
Top Gun :crazy:???
Jim

45Tripps 08-29-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by X-Driver (Post 3490603)
"And I dont care if that Sonic did 300mph....its a Sonic."

Damn TRL, real classy. I have some buddies that have some real nice Sonics. Sonic made a real nice boat.

+1. They still make a real nice boat.

Beak Boater 08-29-2011 08:39 AM

Congrats on a great run....1075...1200 what ever they are, its still a hell of a run.