Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2011 LOTO- Gary's 40SS Predator Skater, Chip Romer's 388 Skater Runs: (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261200-2011-loto-garys-40ss-predator-skater-chip-romers-388-skater-runs.html)

PokerRun388 08-30-2011 08:24 PM

Skater

Can't wait to see on board vids Gary....! Performanceboats.com has the 177mph run on their site and youtube...

skater40 08-30-2011 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by mpally (Post 3490626)
Wow, tough weekend for some Skaters. Hate seeing major issues in an event like this.

All in all i think the skaters showed who has the fastest boats out there.
I think the MTI" mary mac "had a worse day.

PokerRun388 08-30-2011 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by skater40 (Post 3492515)
All in all i think the skaters showed who has the fastest boats out there.
I think the MTI" mary mac "had a worse day.

Gary, what about 36 Nor'easter? wow, they had alot go wrong, I watched to run live, boat got way out of shape mid way through the run, it made be nervous, just watching it...
Did u talk with them after their run?

skater40 08-30-2011 10:59 PM

No but i heard that the exploding flywheel caused the boat to veer right and that it hit the finish line buoy,then went up on one side and came down.Idont think they knew it had a hole till they got over to the docks and one sponson was lower than the other.
Hey where is Blume hiding at -hes been kinda quite lately.

PokerRun388 08-30-2011 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by skater40 (Post 3492537)
No but i heard that the exploding flywheel caused the boat to veer right and that it hit the finish line buoy,then went up on one side and came down.Idont think they knew it had a hole till they got over to the docks and one sponson was lower than the other.

Ya, it looked bad on the livecam, boat almost lost control, and so did a 32 Spectre about the same time.. It was hard to watch... I haven't talked to Blume, did u see him at LOTO, he was supposed to be there?...:drink:

PokerRun388 08-30-2011 11:12 PM

Gary, how about Romer's 191mph?.. man, that boat looked and performed great too, and just thinking that just a week before LOTO, it was still in Pasadena...unreal... Did Predator and Romers 388 drive back to AZ together?

skater40 08-31-2011 09:11 AM

No romers left early monday morning and mine left monday afternoon.

BLee 08-31-2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by skater40 (Post 3492789)
No romers left early monday morning and mine left monday afternoon.

Great runs out there Gary. Your boat was one of my wifes favorites. :cool:

-Brandon Lee

blume 08-31-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by skater40 (Post 3492537)

Congratulations on a great run Gary. I don't think most people realize how big your boat is 44' X 12' and for it to run 180mph in a kilo is amazing. Loto was a great event and trying to get over all the fun, running a little slow. Congrats to Chip also, 191mph in a 388ss pleasure boat, all I can say is you two have great running Skaters. Congratulations to you both!!

PokerRun388 08-31-2011 08:21 PM

Skater

Originally Posted by blume (Post 3492873)
Congratulations on a great run Gary. I don't think most people realize how big your boat is 44' X 12' and for it to run 180mph in a kilo is amazing. Loto was a great event and trying to get over all the fun, running a little slow. Congrats to Chip also, 191mph in a 388ss pleasure boat, all I can say is you two have great running Skaters. Congratulations to you both!!

Totally agree with Blume! the width of the tunnel on the livecam looked amazing, its really a great looking boat at high speeds... And congrats to Larry's Engines too, the ran perfectly all weekend...

The colors on Predator are amazing, anyone who hasnt seen the boat in person, really should make an effort too see it sometime.!!