Notices

32 Skater Delaminated at LOTO

Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 32 Skater Delaminated at LOTO

Anyone know the story on this?

Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:21 am | Updated: 10:32 am, Sat Aug 27, 2011.

Skater rips hole in hull during Shootout Poker Run LakeExpo.com LakeExpo.com | 0 comments

LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Mo. – A 32-foot Skater was beached with a hole in its hull Friday afternoon at Captain Ron’s.

Jim Denooyer of Albany, N.Y., brought the 3,000 horsepower boat to race in the Shootout this weekend and was participating in the Poker Run when he discovered the boat taking on water. Acting quickly, he beached the vessel in front of Captain Ron’s and called TowBoatU.S. for assistance.

Tim McNitt of Atlantis Dive brought in air bags and with the help of fire department volunteers and TowBoatU.S., the Skater was kept afloat and towed about a mile to the Hurricane Deck launch ramp at Pirate’s Point, where it was pull from the Lake on the owner's trailer.
Attached Thumbnails 32 Skater Delaminated at LOTO-skater-01.jpg   32 Skater Delaminated at LOTO-skater-02.jpg   32 Skater Delaminated at LOTO-skater-03.jpg  

Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

King Sting from NY. We spoke with family members while eating at Ron's. Super nice people. Felt really bad for them, esp since they came all the way from NY. I don't know exactly what happened, but they seemed to think it had something to do with a repair done on the boat. Not sure if that was conclusive or not, tho.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Keytime
I don't know exactly what happened, but they seemed to think it had something to do with a repair done on the boat. Not sure if that was conclusive or not, tho.
Yup, check the Skater forum.

They were looking to regain the "Fastest 32 Skater" title this weekend. Too bad for this!! Aside from the delam, I think everthing else made it out OK.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
King Sting from NY. We spoke with family members while eating at Ron's. Super nice people. Felt really bad for them, esp since they came all the way from NY. I don't know exactly what happened, but they seemed to think it had something to do with a repair done on the boat. Not sure if that was conclusive or not, tho.
Thats the same that I heard.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am also interested in how Tow Boat US treated the situation...did they try to claim distress/salvage on this?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Big Time
Yup, check the Skater forum.

They were looking to regain the "Fastest 32 Skater" title this weekend. Too bad for this!! Aside from the delam, I think everthing else made it out OK.
Whoops. Just hopped on here and Tom had JUST posted this. Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad the problem was discovered there and not at speed! That a discouraging end to a promising weekend. Sorry to hear about the bad news!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I was there when he beached it and wondering wtf he was doing until I saw the starboard side about a foot lower in the water. He beached it in great place with a nice gradual slope which the kept the entire stern from going under and sinking the boat. Not sure what happened to cause it, but somebody told me that hit a wake hard and shortly after started taking on water.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

My dad is the crew chief, and the guy who rigged the boat, andd the guy who looked like old elvis out there with them all weekend. The repairman at lotto ground through the outside layer of glass to the balsa when doing the gel repair, then gelled over it without relaying any glass. Well be back next year!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I was there when he beached it and wondering wtf he was doing until I saw the starboard side about a foot lower in the water. He beached it in great place with a nice gradual slope which the kept the entire stern from going under and sinking the boat. Not sure what happened to cause it, but somebody told me that hit a wake hard and shortly after started taking on water.
If that is true they are very lucky! Reminds me of the "pammy" accident.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.