Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Turbine Class ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261362-turbine-class.html)

Double Down 09-07-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 (Post 3497946)
I agree with you for the most part except that there is no such thing as easily riding the wave in a turbine boat at nearly 200mph. It has taken a lot of work regardless of the financial support. You can't buy what those guys have done in that boat!

believe me the work involved is a LOT easier to deal with when you do not have to worry about cutting the checks...and in all reality traveling in a mystic at near 200 mph isn't all that bad in most conditions if the bottom stays intact...

MissG 09-08-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Double Down (Post 3498204)
believe me the work involved is a LOT easier to deal with when you do not have to worry about cutting the checks...and in all reality traveling in a mystic at near 200 mph isn't all that bad in most conditions if the bottom stays intact...

I'm just going to say that we have different perspectives on it. Yours is from the outside looking in and mine is from the inside looking out and ahead for the past six years.

Nobody writes checks in this economy for average and let's keep in mind that Marc and Scotty have "run around in circles" nearly 100 times before having a mishap! You can call it what you want, but even Cosker flipped one and Arruda is dealing with issues early in the game! I stand firmly saying that not everyone can do what they've done and that said, we'll just have to agree to disagree!

Double Down 09-08-2011 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 (Post 3498793)
I'm just going to say that we have different perspectives on it. Yours is from the outside looking in and mine is from the inside looking out and ahead for the past six years.

Nobody writes checks in this economy for average and let's keep in mind that Marc and Scotty have "run around in circles" nearly 100 times before having a mishap! You can call it what you want, but even Cosker flipped one and Arruda is dealing with issues early in the game! I stand firmly saying that not everyone can do what they've done and that said, we'll just have to agree to disagree!

I agree and we don't have to disagree! Good Luck too fast!

bobo 09-09-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing (Post 3492816)
]

We look forward to her racing again. TM will have her back in shape in no time. Remember, she has had one race we are crossing our 100th race over 150mph. With persistence she will have her day just as we did. It's not something that can be rushed as you will pay with your life. Any team can be beat with planning practice,determination and money.

I would caution any team gunning for Miss Geico, if she (Miss G) is healthy she is a formidable opponent. Underestimate us at your peril.

Turbine Class, Superboat Unlimited,Extreme... we are all running for Top Dog and right now it's inconsistent for various reasons (health,accidents,cost,luck) so don't make too many assumptions most of the owners didn't get where they are by giving up.

As noted we are a professional race team and may of our competitors are part time. There is a difference in resources applied. That said , again, anyone can be beat.

We view our job as servicing our sponsor, please the fans and be great ambassadors to our sport.

Love us , Hate us...we'll keep doing what we do best.

Miss G

Scotty, I just wanted to throw some needed attn on the turbine class ,and get some smack talk goin, for Key West :lolhit::
I would love to see you , and three others at this years
worlds .
Key West looks to be pulling in a large number of superboats this year .
I hope JBS makes it as well .:drink:

bobo 09-09-2011 04:41 AM

:lolhit:[

MissG 09-09-2011 04:55 PM

Great video about Miss GEICO and turbine racing!
http://www.fort-lauderdale-marine-di...ws/q/26826.php

bobo 09-09-2011 04:55 PM

::coolcowboy:

bobo 09-09-2011 05:03 PM

[:party-smiley-004:

Double Down 09-10-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by bobo (Post 3499996)
Please Explain the conditions YOU were in that werent that bad to you at 200 mph +.
I would love to hear comments from the other veterans of mystic ( owner racers ) at 200 mph ,and compare them to your,e experience .
I mean each of us react differently as far as our seat time in almost identical boats .

:drink:

bobo, I said "at nearly 200mph"....have been over 190mph a number of times in a mystic....2010 Miami poker run to Islamorada and FPC Fort Myers to Everglade City with John Arruda on the throttles and a few other inland poker runs as well... and like I said conditions were not that bad and I was just along for the ride...no offense taken, just stating my limited experience and from talking with other owner/racers.:drink::drink: