Notices

Turbine Class ?

Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

As previously posted By Mr. Arruda:

"Aqua Mania is not sold or retired. They want a new MTI, but until some one purchases the old one, they will be running the old dog. Look for them in Clearwater and Key West. They are all booked and ready to battle Geico. "

Are you saying they are trying to sell the Mystic as well as the Skater?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
As previously posted By Mr. Arruda:

"Aqua Mania is not sold or retired. They want a new MTI, but until some one purchases the old one, they will be running the old dog. Look for them in Clearwater and Key West. They are all booked and ready to battle Geico. "

Are you saying they are trying to sell the Mystic as well as the Skater?
Larry Goldman at Extreme Marine sold the 46' Skater a long time ago, and yes the Mystic is for sale.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

T.Y. Mr. Arruda... the listing for the Skater is still on Yachtworld.com so it was a coin toss if it was just another un-attended listing or the boat's sale just wasn't going anywhere with the economy
Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Racer
Racer

]

Originally Posted by bobo
If " Miss mary Mac " chooses too , She WILL take out the gecko boat . Done deal .
Sorry guys thats the way it will end up in key west !
Arruda will have his day , and it,s comin, quick .
Fire ??? ok big deal they,ve moved on .
We look forward to her racing again. TM will have her back in shape in no time. Remember, she has had one race we are crossing our 100th race over 150mph. With persistence she will have her day just as we did. It's not something that can be rushed as you will pay with your life. Any team can be beat with planning practice,determination and money.

I would caution any team gunning for Miss Geico, if she (Miss G) is healthy she is a formidable opponent. Underestimate us at your peril.

Turbine Class, Superboat Unlimited,Extreme... we are all running for Top Dog and right now it's inconsistent for various reasons (health,accidents,cost,luck) so don't make too many assumptions most of the owners didn't get where they are by giving up.

As noted we are a professional race team and may of our competitors are part time. There is a difference in resources applied. That said , again, anyone can be beat.

We view our job as servicing our sponsor, please the fans and be great ambassadors to our sport.

Love us , Hate us...we'll keep doing what we do best.

Miss G
Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
Ok Catmando, no more free T shirts and hats for you when you come by my shop . You are officially on the other team now.

Aqua Mania is not sold or retired. They want a new MTI, but until some one purchases the old one, they will be running the old dog. Look for them in Clearwater and Key West. They are all booked and ready to battle Geico.

When it comes to Rebel Racing and my team, we are working hard to clean up from the little mishap in lotto.
The boat will be going to MTI for some glass work and the engine are getting a little R&R at TM. We are shooting for to be in Clear water as well. Key West would be worse case.
cant wait to see some good racing in Clearwater this year....keep it up.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I do not know of any other turbine team that does not respect what Geico does ? I for one, was there for may years and know what it takes. You say that Geico always shows up where they say they are going to show up. Well, I would hope so. That's how they make their money. If they do not show up, they do not get paid.
Team Geico is a professional race team, and the others do it for fun and pay there own way. When you pay your own way, you can make your own schedule based on your time available. That is how it's going to be for the other teams (Aqua-Mania - Rebel Racing) in the future, as they have no interest in having a employer.
I know of a turbine team that doesn't respect anybody but themselves. I won't mention names, and I really shouldn't even be saying this at all because I have never even met anyone on the team, the only stuff I "know" about them is what my fellow OSOers say, and that's not really fair. But my original point was that they all talk about this and that and how they're going to spank Geico, but it seems like one excuse after another. You did it also saying Aquamania -Rebel Racing will do it. I don't doubt for one second that they can do it, but just go out and do it, and do it on a regular basis, not just a win here and there every couple of years. Once again, I don't mean any dis-respect to any team at all, they all would kick my ass out there. I'm just giving my view as a fan.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Down
Those certain racing classes, seem to thump their chests in the spring hoping to attract members of the other species i.e sponsors with deep pockets, who will flood them with cash during the racing season so they can enjoy their passion and get the sponsors some venue exposure during the season.

When that money doesn't materialize, the teams keep quiet about their plans, don't show up to race and disappear from the radar until the next year when it all starts over again.

The Turbine class essentially is a tough and expensive hobby to all of the teams except one.

It is much easier for the others to attend a few pokers runs or shootouts, get local event sponsors that foot the bill and still get the attention the owners crave and the locals love. This way you avoid the politics, expense and pressure of the racing circuit, still get to run your boat and fire up the turbines and keep wear and tear to a minimum both on your boat and the engines.

In the meantime the green gecko, goes around in circles, collecting trophy after trophy and championship after championship because they have bottomless pockets and unlimited resources.

It is what it is.....
You are wrong about the last part...we do not have bottomless pockets and unlimited resources. Perhaps at one time, but we are a professional team that works within a budget with numbers that are not even close to what public perception may be. We have a dedicated and hard working team and in order to be champions - you have to MAKE IT to the races, hello - FINISH and do that CONSISTENTLY - which we have. Not only that, but we provide incredible exposure to the sport and make it possible for others to find sponsors by being the example for the class. We WANT the competition and have the utmost respect for other turbine teams.

I agree with 95% of what you are saying - but, don't take away from the fact that we work our a$$e$ off to make the races a great experience for everyone and to bring exposure to turbines and the sport. Regardless of what budget any team might have - it takes experience and hard work to do what we do - it is what it is!

That said...Aqua Mania, Rebel and the rest of you...we look forward to seeing you all again on the water real soon!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Registered

I do agree with you 2 fast....and I know things have changed significantly in the Geico camp since JH left the helm last year..
I also believe it is difficult from your perspective to retain high-level sponsors like Geico and others without regular and expensive tv exposure and competition. I all was trying to say was because of the financial backing you had when starting out it is now easier for you to now "ride the wave". Other teams never had the resources you guys did over the last few years and with the economy and persistent friction between the racing organizations it is extremely difficult to get a race together between the turbine teams. While a full schedule of races between the other teams isn't going to happen anytime soon, hopefully one of the teams can gather up enough cash to get to at least one race this year to challenge your reputation as the undisputed turbine class champion. I know you guys would welcome such a showdown and the fans all hope it will eventually happen so we can finally embrace a team who lives up to all the smack-talk going on for the past few years.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Catmando, no more free T shirts and hats for you when you come by my shop . You are officially on the other team now.

Aqua Mania is not sold or retired. They want a new MTI, but until some one purchases the old one, they will be running the old dog. Look for them in Clearwater and Key West. They are all booked and ready to battle Geico.

When it comes to Rebel Racing and my team, we are working hard to clean up from the little mishap in lotto.
The boat will be going to MTI for some glass work and the engine are getting a little R&R at TM. We are shooting for to be in Clear water as well. Key West would be worse case.
I've been a Turbine Marine supporter since the beginning. I've read all the articles about you and how you have made turbines safe for use on the water. I'm still a fan of you and your talented team.

Sorry that I'm still a GEICO supporter but your guys need to knock them off their top spot before I'll switch. I hope Miss Mary Mac can hang in there to get the seat time and experience to compete with GEICO. Do they have the money? Turbine class is expensive as you well know.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Down
I do agree with you 2 fast....and I know things have changed significantly in the Geico camp since JH left the helm last year..
I also believe it is difficult from your perspective to retain high-level sponsors like Geico and others without regular and expensive tv exposure and competition. I all was trying to say was because of the financial backing you had when starting out it is now easier for you to now "ride the wave". Other teams never had the resources you guys did over the last few years and with the economy and persistent friction between the racing organizations it is extremely difficult to get a race together between the turbine teams. While a full schedule of races between the other teams isn't going to happen anytime soon, hopefully one of the teams can gather up enough cash to get to at least one race this year to challenge your reputation as the undisputed turbine class champion. I know you guys would welcome such a showdown and the fans all hope it will eventually happen so we can finally embrace a team who lives up to all the smack-talk going on for the past few years.
I agree with you for the most part except that there is no such thing as easily riding the wave in a turbine boat at nearly 200mph. It has taken a lot of work regardless of the financial support. You can't buy what those guys have done in that boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.