Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What were the classes for the LOTO shootout? >

What were the classes for the LOTO shootout?

Notices

What were the classes for the LOTO shootout?

Old 09-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
That would help a bit.
Im currently running a stock 454 in my 27 and getting 62mph,
could have been a good category for me..
With my supercharged 509 I ran 79, guy in that class ran 99!
not a good class for me!!
Keep in mind the Radar typically records a little slower then most GPS's do. I wouldn't be surprised to see it register as low as 59 if your GPS said 62
Old 09-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
We ran PV1M1

26ft Velocity 510ci pump gas low compression motor = 88mph
That's some bang-for-the-buck right there. Those Velocity's are fast. I'd love to see Still Crazy show up and make a few runs.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Keep in mind the Radar typically records a little slower then most GPS's do. I wouldn't be surprised to see it register as low as 59 if your GPS said 62
FWIW, the radar shoots me consistently at 1mph slower than my GPS is showing at the finish line. Mine doesn't show tenths on the instant speed. I've noticed that my Garmin will round up when showing whole numbers. IE, I can show 74mph on the instant GPS reading and the GPS can give me 73.5 for a recorded top speed. Not sure if everyone else's work this way.

Also, they mention on the broadcast that the radar gun is actually shooting you a short distance in front of the finish-line buoys. Someone here with more knowledge can verify that.

Also... the FAST boats are still accelerating at the finish line, so it makes sense that their max GPS speed will be higher than the radar reading.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Id probably run a stock 415/502 though,
the 365/454 in there now is borrowed,

Considering how big this event is and how much technology is progressing they really need to rethink the whole radar thing,
its outdated technology being used on state of the art boats like My Way ,, independant GPS
transcievers with a backup in each boat makes much more sense , pick em up right as you
go out for your run drop em off after the run.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 09-01-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Registered

Id probably run a stock 415/502 though,
the 365/454 in there now is borrowed,

Considering how big this event is and how much technology is progressing they really need to rethink the whole radar thing,
its outdated technology being used on state of the art boats like My Way ,, independant GPS
transcievers with a backup in each boat makes much more sense , pick em up right as you
go out for your run drop em off after the run.
The only problem I can see with that is how do you know everyone's reading is measured in the same distance?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered

We thought about running, are setup is a mid 80 MPH but no way can we touch 99! Does anybody know what the 27 fever did? Every time he ran they went to a commercial break.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bluellama
The only problem I can see with that is how do you know everyone's reading is measured in the same distance?
its a transciever so it reads and transmits, you have two guys on two computers (main and backup) they record whole run and hit a "freeze" as they cross the line , you compare both readings to make sure nothing is screwy and thats it , how do you know radar gun reading is always at the same point? I can assume it is never exactly the same especially since its not dead on..
Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by haulinit
We thought about running, are setup is a mid 80 MPH but no way can we touch 99! Does anybody know what the 27 fever did? Every time he ran they went to a commercial break.
I dont know but I was figuring that 99mph number came from a 27 Fountain sseing as how its a very fast (and small ) hull for the 27-31' class
Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered

I dont know but I was figuring that 99mph number came from a 27 Fountain sseing as how its a very fast (and small ) hull for the 27-31' class
At those speeds that thing would be a handful.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

What's the difference between Manufacturer and Non-professional?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.