If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Platinum Member Platinum Member frickstyle's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1990 Top Gun, Pursuit 3370
    Cleveland, Ohio

KAHO / MUSKIE R/V Dedications & Delivery

A Little off topic from high-perf recreational type boats, however, thought this was cool enough to share.

I went down to the dedication ceremonies today at lunch for two Research Vehicles that one of our customers built for the U.S.G.S. (U.S. Geological Survey - Great Lakes Science Center). The two vessels will replace two aging vessels that conduct science and research work on our Great Lakes. The two aluminum hull boats were constructed here in Cleveland.

A shot of the KAHO with the MUSKIE in background (two sister vessels)

A Picture of the largest mobile lift in the Western Hemishpere besides one other in Norfolk, VA (Third largest in the world!). 770Ton lift! (A 'bit" bigger than the one at your marina):

Tug hull being constructed on site. Customer produces this line complete, it's their "workhorse" Tug and is very economical compared with others on the market.

I stood next to a tire and got a picture, it dwarfed me (I'm 6'4"), they must be at least 9' tall / each.

It was a pretty cool day at work to say the least. Again, a little off the subject of high-perf, but I Hope you enjoyed. These are after all, our tax dollars at work.
    Last edited by frickstyle; 08-31-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    "America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bada$$ speed." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Lake Lanier - N. Georgia
    That is cool.