Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   other sit down v-bottoms (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261461-other-sit-down-v-bottoms.html)

Uncle Dave 09-08-2011 07:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Gotta love the Laveycraft 28 Evo.

Runs 105 with an Ilmor 710.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWZkv_f4bc

I havent seen a cooler sit down this size.

Uncle Dave

Young Performance 09-08-2011 10:33 PM

That is a bad ass little boat. What a fun little hot rod.
Eddie

the bear 09-09-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by rchuntlsl (Post 3499132)
Half the point of this is I do not want a cabin. I have a condo. I want the extra speed that not hauling around a mini condo will give me.

I dont want a floating condo either, benches only, just an area to store bumper/ropes and a place for the wife and kids to get out of the rain if we get caught in it.

Uncle Dave 09-09-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3499427)
That is a bad ass little boat. What a fun little hot rod.
Eddie

Definitely a fun ride.

Love to see a mill from you motivating one some day.

UD

Tom A. 09-09-2011 11:41 AM

Sit down boats don't have the freeboard to accommodate any type of headroom. I mounted a porta-potty under the port deck hatch and your head sticks out through the hatch when you use it. It is perfect for emergencies and those uh-oh moments!
There was one Comp built with what they called a 1/4 cabin which was just a pair of facing love seats. To me all that did was limit the cavernous storage space that is there and replaced it with seats for kids and midgets. There is no way a full size adult could sit under there for any length of time or even have room to change.
I don't know about the Skaters, Statement has a somewhat useable cabin and the Outerlimits (sit down boats) have a nicely finished cabin in some but again, headroom is really limited due to the cut down decks.

rchuntlsl 09-13-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3499785)
Sit down boats don't have the freeboard to accommodate any type of headroom. I mounted a porta-potty under the port deck hatch and your head sticks out through the hatch when you use it. It is perfect for emergencies and those uh-oh moments!
There was one Comp built with what they called a 1/4 cabin which was just a pair of facing love seats. To me all that did was limit the cavernous storage space that is there and replaced it with seats for kids and midgets. There is no way a full size adult could sit under there for any length of time or even have room to change.
I don't know about the Skaters, Statement has a somewhat useable cabin and the Outerlimits (sit down boats) have a nicely finished cabin in some but again, headroom is really limited due to the cut down decks.

Tom, What do you have in your donzi zrc and how does it run. What type of water conditions do you usually run in? Any drawback to the storage or layout of your boat?

Tom A. 09-13-2011 09:28 PM

I have Potter 700's and IMCO SCX drives. The boat has seen over 115 but I have it propped more for mid range now so 105-110 is where I am now but it accelerates like a demon. I boat mostly in NJ open bay and ocean and it is sloppy for the most part. The boat likes both flat and rough and flies straight and true off of swells.
As for the layout, it is the most comfortable, secure feeling while running no matter which seat you sit in. All 5 seats are well bolstered and it has a deep cockpit for a sit down boat. It is not a good open platform for entertaining but we have had no problems hanging out and spending hours idling :) . There is no sunpad however I have these awesome, oversized, rubber backed, fluffy bathmats that work perfectly for laying out on the flat deck and engine hatch.
Storage is cavernous under the deck hatches, I mounted a porta-potti under the port hatch and have multiple large Rubermaid bins with all my stuff in them bungee corded down. After running hard in a poker run, everything is right where I put it! There is a ton of room in the gunnels and I keep the inflatable life jackets, shoes, boat bag, etc stowed in them. There are two storage compartments behind the rear seats that have all my lines and 4 fenders in them.
If you want a social party boat, this is not for you.
If you want the best running, handling, and comfortable V-bottom made and have friends with cushy boats you can raft up to.... this is the perfect boat.

Tom A. 09-13-2011 09:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few picks:

1 - Porta-potti
2 - Raft up
3 - Cockpit close up
4 & 5 - Flying straight (mine and a race boat)

omerta one 09-13-2011 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3502914)
The boat has seen over 115 but it accelerates like a demon.
As for the layout, it is the most comfortable, secure feeling while running no matter which seat you sit in. All 5 seats are well bolstered and it has a deep cockpit for a sit down boat. After running hard in a poker run, everything is right where I put it!
If you want a social party boat, this is not for you.
If you want the best running, handling, and comfortable V-bottom made and have friends with cushy boats you can raft up to.... this is the perfect boat.

Tom, I summarized, when it comes down to fun for the money, sit down V's rule.

Tom A. 09-14-2011 10:30 AM

Thanks for summing it up and sorry I am giving everyone the finger but that's what you get when you take a picture of me using the head!:lolhit: