Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Romer 191 loto (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261469-romer-191-loto.html)

boater31v 09-01-2011 06:23 PM

I love it!!!!

Baja 2008 09-01-2011 06:25 PM

I think that is one of the coolest vids i have ever seen. I can't quit watching it.

lowblue320 09-01-2011 07:31 PM

I love this video...

wananewboat 09-01-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3493522)
Great video.

I'm in it, for about half a second. :lolhit:

I thought that was you. :lolhit:

Great job, that was one hell of a run.

BeerMaker 09-01-2011 07:45 PM

Havasu's finest

These West Coast cats have been dominating! Chip and Gary continue reping for our little lake in the desert!

26awesome 09-01-2011 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by scoop123 (Post 3494042)
Thanks for all your positive comments on our run. Although I feel I need to set the record straight from my perspective. The radar at LOTO is very accurate, where and when it reads your speed. Try to fight a ticket in court. This speed contest is to start at or below 40 MPH (radar verified) then go the distance of 1 mile and document the highest speed in that distance via a radar gun. We did 191 MPH at the spot the radar gun registered. No Doubt… But if you notice in the video I did not let off the throttles at the end of the 1 mile course. I stayed in them for a couple of seconds in the shut down area to make sure I got everything out of the run. My boat is still accelerating until I stop applying power. My GPS is recording the highest speed no matter the distance. So in 1 mile plus the distance I went until I pulled the throttles back I did 198 MPH via my GPS. I should not have put my GPS number in the video. It leads one to believe I am contesting the radar number. I am not… The contest is the fastest speed you can go in 1 mile not 1 ½ miles. If the course were 1 ½ miles we would have done 200 MPH but it is 1 mile. The shootout radar recordings are accurate. We did 191 MPH at the 1 mile mark, period. And what a ride it was… Chip

VERY NICE!!!!!!!:drink:

skater40 09-01-2011 08:32 PM

Congrats Chip-very nice.

dykstra 09-01-2011 08:59 PM

Way cool is an understatement!! Awesome video and thanks for posting.

LubeJobs42 09-01-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by scoop123 (Post 3494042)
Thanks for all your positive comments on our run. Although I feel I need to set the record straight from my perspective. The radar at LOTO is very accurate, where and when it reads your speed. Try to fight a ticket in court. This speed contest is to start at or below 40 MPH (radar verified) then go the distance of 1 mile and document the highest speed in that distance via a radar gun. We did 191 MPH at the spot the radar gun registered. No Doubt… But if you notice in the video I did not let off the throttles at the end of the 1 mile course. I stayed in them for a couple of seconds in the shut down area to make sure I got everything out of the run. My boat is still accelerating until I stop applying power. My GPS is recording the highest speed no matter the distance. So in 1 mile plus the distance I went until I pulled the throttles back I did 198 MPH via my GPS. I should not have put my GPS number in the video. It leads one to believe I am contesting the radar number. I am not… The contest is the fastest speed you can go in 1 mile not 1 ½ miles. If the course were 1 ½ miles we would have done 200 MPH but it is 1 mile. The shootout radar recordings are accurate. We did 191 MPH at the 1 mile mark, period. And what a ride it was… Chip

Mile or mile in a half, who cares! That is friggen fast!! Absolutely amazing!! congratulations!! You deserve it!!! :drink::drink::drink:

PokerRun388 09-02-2011 08:56 PM

Skater 388 191MPH

Chip "Freekin" Romer!! WOW,

186,187,185 and 191mph runs in a 388ss Pleasure Skater!!

Unreal, and Awesome..!!! I watched all the runs live..!!

The 388 looks perfect at those speeds! Chip, you have alot of nuts to drive an open cockpit, 38ft cat at those speeds....!!

Awesome Performance, Carson Brummett Engines!!!
And Chip's an AZ guy, love it..!!

Anyone know if Romer comes on OSO ???