Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Puder? Parts Poll? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26155-puder-parts-poll.html)

BlueMoon 06-09-2002 06:37 PM

Our local newspaper has a section for items/things under $50 bucks, it's a free listing for a short time. Can't you do something simular?

OffshoreOnly 06-09-2002 07:32 PM

Too Old,

We were waiting for that post. The most consistently rational, fair, and intelligent person has now spoken. Too Old will be the Moderator for whatever section we decide to go with. We hope he will be willing to also assist us in making our decision.

OSO

birdog 06-09-2002 07:59 PM

Im with ya OSO. I have alot of respect for Too Olds opinion also

NASTY HABIT 06-09-2002 08:12 PM

Ya know , He's not really that old . Just old enough !!:)

I'm sure it isn't an easy decision to make....quite the little monster you have created

RiverGirl 06-09-2002 09:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by birdog

But, I guess your motives are more on the selfish end. [/
QUOTE]

Why do people have to resort to persanal attacks to get there point across??

I think most of us know Puder better than that!!!
Well, I wasn't.... untill he deleted the thread.
and if you followed my postings since I have registered...
you would know I do not make personal attacks.

now, if you would of read the thread before it was deleted...
you would of seen the point I was trying to make in a manner
that was Not in any form of a "Personal Attack".

I was only being opinionated!!
I was disagreeing and informing him my experience.
Everyone is opinionated here
.... I do it once and I'm bashing him...DONT THINK SO!!

I was also asking for him to give OSO some ideas to solve the problem.

RG

puder 06-09-2002 09:38 PM

Too Old. i was waiting to hear from you as well.

Misunderstanding is the key word in all of this.

I was not trying to bash anything. I perfectly understand it cost $$$ to run this site. I was mearly tryign to state taht i found eth discussion based for sale very useful and effective and didn;t want to see it go. I figured many other members woudl agree with me. This was not and is not about advertising or what have you.

Shark I am goign to ask again. Please just kill this thread. We DON't Need anymor ebickering abotu any of thi crap. i will stand by whatever descision they make abouthe future of the for sale section. It really isn;t taht big of deal. This has gotten blown WAY out of proportion. Let all just drop it.

Too Old you are the voice of OSO wisdom......

BTJ88 06-09-2002 10:15 PM

MY $.02

First I would like to apologize if I am way off topic here. I didn't see the end of the last thread last night.

I see where puder is coming from. It is not so much an issue of $$$, but an issue of convenience. I like having the parts, boats and what nots as part of the board. This way you know when a new item has been posted. It also allows for open discussion about the product. If OSO wants to charge fro ads - fine - I just hope that the new method of advertising will provide the same convenience that the forums do now.:)

Brian

birdog 06-10-2002 07:26 AM

R.G. You might want to direct youre explanation towards Puder.I think he might of mis-understood you also. What you say is true..I have never noticed you attacking any member of this board. Sometimes its very hard to type something without it sounding snotty.{Gives me fits!:D }

I want to thank OSO for trying to help us with this.You have gone the "Extra" mile to find a solution to the 4-sale thing!!I hope you understand I was never *****in,Just hopping for a solution we could all live with.

Again: Thanks for youre help Board Gods!!!!:D

Cord 06-10-2002 09:50 AM

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
Puder,

How about if we charge a one time fee for posting in a new parts section on the board. Charter members don't pay, and commercail companies not allowed to post?

OSO

YES! At least then I'll get a return on my charter membership! [didn't mean for that to sound so sarcastic] For the number of small parts that I've sold, I would have paid OSO at least $250! The second biggest sale was $600 for a pair of drive housings that took over a year to sell! Now I'm supposed to pay $10 a month? Yea, it's not alot of money, but why should I bother for a part that's not moving? Because of OSO both the buyer and seller are happy. And that means that both parties are going to come back and read the banners that pay for the board.

There are two things that makes the board work. The obvious one is the bulletin board. The second crital element are the private ads. If we have a problem with comercial people posting in the classifieds section, then send them a bill! They read and agreed to the disclaimer!