Notices

Whipple FOAC Cooler, game changer

Old 09-08-2011, 12:10 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

Can you be more specific on this FOAC vs. MOAC.

1. Temperature reductions.

2. Power Differences

3. Intended applications

I assume this is for a new and larger Whipple compressor....or plural. Quad Rotor 4.0 or the newest version...etc.

Is this a rebuildable unit purpose of the assembled core?

Is Whipple now making your own intercoolers? or still third party supplier? colors?

Uhhh! that should be enough to talk about.
I would be interested in what the pressure drop of the tall core is for turbocharged or centrifugal blowers (non positive displacement boost)?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good grief! A split case...I'm sure that magic trick has been performed on more than just a cooler. Dustin Whipple is a powerboater himself & is constantly putting out great products for Offshore Powerboater consumption. Let's enjoy them....shall we?
Oh look....a round wheel....with only 47 nail holes in it! Bet that hasn't been done before!!!! LOL!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Good grief! A split case...I'm sure that magic trick has been performed on more than just a cooler. Dustin Whipple is a powerboater himself & is constantly putting out great products for Offshore Powerboater consumption. Let's enjoy them....shall we?
Oh look....a round wheel....with only 47 nail holes in it! Bet that hasn't been done before!!!! LOL!
I never disputed the fact that whipple makes a great product. Dustin is obviously a brilliant person with his abilities to crack ecu codes and to make complete kits for the marine and automotive world.

I just think it's funny how several weeks after we released our model, he followed suit with the same concept (his thread was deleted back in Dec). It's a great way to manfacture the unit as it reduces the cost. I don't blame him for following suit.

Last edited by Coolerman; 09-08-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
I never disputed the fact that whipple makes a great product. Dustin is obviously a brilliant person with his abilities to crack ecu codes and to make complete kits for the marine and automotive world.

I just think it's funny how several weeks after we released our model, he followed suit with the same concept (his thread was deleted back in Dec). It's a great way to manfacture the unit as it reduces the cost. I don't blame him for following suit.
Ok
Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in what the pressure drop of the tall core is for turbocharged or centrifugal blowers (non positive displacement boost)?
Now that is a great technical question! I would think the pressure would drop dramatically as it has a larger surface area to push a huge volume of mass through. Then again we don't know what the boost/pressure capacity is either.

A lot of engineering thats for sure!

I like the question very poignant... good stuff to know.

KAP
Old 09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Very nice
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Re-invent? hmm, lets see, we were the first to bring the MOAC and the Double, so the FOAC is in fact new, bigger, and better for the one's who are going for all out power.
Just fyi, Lucky from New Century built the first double core for Dave Scott.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:01 PM

Just fyi, Lucky from New Century built the first double core for Dave Scott.
thats just what i was thinkin also Jason
Old 09-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Dustin,

It just looks eerily similar to the one that PF marine designed.

As mentioned before, what will the major differences be over the MOAC and dual core. Can you answer KAP's questions as to let us all know.

Thanks and continued success.
Which looks eerily similar to our Double cooler that came out about 6 years ago, that all the major high performance engine builders use.....

A casted housing is in the works, billet is temporary, as was on our double version.

Its funny some act as if we didn't bring the unique version of the CuNi intercoolers to the high performance marine market. Who do you think took that to Mercury Racing and got them using them as replacements for 900SC's and OEM equipment for the 600/662/700/850/1075/1200?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We had been working on this for sometime, as one of our good customers requested it..... Customer had some financial issues so it was on hold for sometime. Were not following, were leading as we have in the past. This is another robust bar/plate design with offset fin that will dramatically pickup the HP on 1400+ HP engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.