Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pulled over for Noise at Shootout (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261876-pulled-over-noise-shootout.html)

Enough 4 Play 09-07-2011 06:59 PM

Pulled over for Noise at Shootout

Did anyone else get pulled over by the water patrol for noise or was I just the lucky one. I thought they gave you a pass for the Shootout. The officer was a real tool.

Magic Medicine 09-07-2011 07:02 PM

I would have pulled you over too!
On a serious note, it seems most people that frequent loto with big power like yours or dry exhaust have donkey d#cks or some type of mufflers

baywatch 09-07-2011 07:04 PM

I remember you telling me about that. In the past those that are in the shootout and have paperwork to prove get a pass on noise restrictions for that weekend. So even if you don't plan to run, just pay $25 for a pass to take one run which would be cheaper than the ticket.

They could have changed that, but that is how it was past years. Sorry, you had to deal with our H20 Nazis. Hopefully you still had a good time and that didn't spoil the rest of your weekend.

It was great meeting you guys and we will look forward to see you next time you come down.

-Josh

Enough 4 Play 09-07-2011 07:12 PM

I really think they like to pull you over to see if you have been drinking and the noise was a good excuse. I did not have a drop to drink so he was out of luck for that. He told me the boat had to remain in the slip the rest of the weekend. Well for those that were out you know that did not happen.

Andy, I do not like donkey dicks or any dick for that matter. Glad we do not have those issues on Lake Michigan.

SLOWRIDE-388 09-07-2011 09:06 PM

I told you. Glad no ticket was issued. See ya next time around.

firehawkcat 09-07-2011 09:34 PM

I bet you were pulled over to see about drinking as you stated MO water patrol sometimes a pain they like to give safety checks also. I never have a drop until im back on land for the night

Shallow Minded 09-07-2011 09:53 PM

Yep, just checking the newbies for booze... that's LOTO for you!

36Envision 09-07-2011 10:06 PM

It always shocks me when WP pulls you over in the main channel & try to pull their boat up when there are 4 foot washing machine swells going every which way.....sorry to hear about the noise issue. I have to say this though. My nav. light bulb went out at shady gators late one evening. I typically have a spare but didn't at the time. I called MO WP & they showed up with a new bulb in 20 mins. No questions asked. I was impressed.

mpally 09-07-2011 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play (Post 3498065)
Did anyone else get pulled over by the water patrol for noise or was I just the lucky one. I thought they gave you a pass for the Shootout. The officer was a real tool.

Do you have the Outerlimits from Chicago?