Notices

42 Chief

Old 09-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't know my myspace page was still out there. I haven't been on that in years!

Boatme put that video together from the helmet cam I had and the poker run video.

Funny, haven't been on oso since June, but today I thought I'd poke around and I see folks talking about the Chief again. Guess my ears were ringing!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pappo
Man, I wish I had money troubles and didn't buy that boat!

Hands down, the worst transaction I've ever had. I will be forever indebted to DHLAW who helped me get my hands on it and never charged me a dime. By the time I got the boat, my life had moved on and I was flying to Europe every week but still managed to use it on some weekends and even made it to a couple of poker runs.

You can see lots of threads on here that detail the ugliness of the whole thing, so there's no sense in rehashing it. It does make for one hell of a story, wouldn't you agree Boatme and Bobby?

I decided to get rid of it when the cops here in Grand Haven became real jerks giving me tickets for noise and having to go to court. Spent about 5k trying to muffle it, but it still wouldn't pass their test. It sucked when you're only home on the weekends and cops force you to take the boat out of the water. This used to be one of the great places for offshore boats, but now you rarely see one.

I don't know how many owners there have been after me.

--Mike
We worked hard to get Mike his boat The owners of the boat company were using Mikes deposit money to try to build a boat company, not to build Mike his boat.They lied and cheated and hung Mike out for a long time.

What a nightmare this deal was

But damn does that boat rips it up in 6 foot seas
Old 09-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

Boatme, would you say that it was the hardest delivery of a sale that you've ever done?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

I went to look at the 42 Chief powerboat this weekend, nice boat it needs a new interior in it. It has aolt of tears and poorly sewn places and the outside of the boat has some gouges (spell check) and the nose is beat up from going on and off the trailer. I think if the owner would let go below 200k it could be a great buy. Nobody knows how many hours are really on the motors,rumors have it from 30-300hrs would need a leak down test done. Brett at PBB says the yellow interior is very hot on summer days so need to change colors. Something to think about.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Registered

Yeah, it needed a new interior in it when they delivered it. Not sure what they used, but it was the thinnest cheapest vinyl I've ever seen on a boat as well as the thinnest foam. Not to mention it was purple and yellow and not what I ordered. It was supposed to be bone white and Mitch had some color accents that were supposed to match the paint. Sounds like its getting a bit more wear since I sold it. It was sad for that quality of boat to have that type of interior in it. I was thinking about offering about 100k for it and bring it back home, put a new interior in it and not be upside down in it. That's "if" all the mechanicals check out and don't need a rebuild.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pappo
Boatme, would you say that it was the hardest delivery of a sale that you've ever done?
Yep had to kick Grady off the property before we let the boat at the marina

Was embarrassed how bad the boat and trailer looked

The trailer looked 5 years old, wires hanging out of the side of the rails, tool box bent up, drive guard hanging by one bolt and rusting away (Pappo had trailer refurbished after delivery)
Interior was all wrong, color, style, material.

The boat needed a bunch of other things done to it immediately after it was delivered (most of that info is in the OSO archives)

I have said it many times on here The hull is a wave crusher! Put together with number six drives and Chief (Tommy H) Motors this boat is a blast to run in BIG seas. The rest of the experience with this boat and its principles was a nightmare to both myself and Mike (pappo) The entire story has been aired on OSO many many times

The boat has to be looked at as a wave crushing hull that needs big ponies to make it fly. Its value comes from those components and should be purchased based on those standards only (also a stellar paint job from Mitcher T that I understand needs to be fixed up)
I am guessing that the Chief power needs a rebuild by now, and anyone who purchase this boat should at least send the power back to Tommy to get freshened immediately, then you have a baseline to work from
Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

I guess I'll reduce my offer then if the motors have to be freshened!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Boatme, you mean this one!
Attached Thumbnails 42 Chief-img_0926.jpg  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

Or the custom interior. I can only imagine what it looks like today since this was how they delivered it. I loved the screw hole in the side of the boat!
Attached Thumbnails 42 Chief-img_0876.jpg   42 Chief-img_0859.jpg  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

You gotta love how my brand new trailer was delivered.
Attached Thumbnails 42 Chief-img_0900.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.