Notices

42 Chief

Old 09-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Here's a shot that'll hopefully bring back some GOOD memories for Mike and Marc...
Attached Thumbnails 42 Chief-chicagopokerrun07-026-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Here's a shot that'll hopefully bring back some GOOD memories for Mike and Marc...
Thanks Mikey

Yep was Mike and I running Chicago poker run. That was a fun day water was sloppy rough and we were hauling the mail

Somone on the boat that day said "I knew were were going to be ok when we past wyatt fountain like he was standing still" LOL

ahh you are correct a better memory of a better day

Thanks for the picture
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
Mike
Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of meeting you but you seem to be one hell of a stand up guy!!! I really feel your pain because I have worn the black marks from the owners long enough and at the end of the day like I said before money or the lack of is what destroyed Chief Powerboats all the lies and deceptions were just icing on the cake!!!! It would be an honor to meet you sometime and have a cocktail together!!!
Sean
Thanks Sean, not sure where you're located, but I've been known to have a drink or two. Let me know if you're ever up this way and Marc can be our designated driver because he doesn't drink.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Mike knew the hulls history when he bought the boat . He knew that it had been pulled from the mold and then sat in storage untill Chief put it all together. Not sure why this is relevant and keeps coming up but there you have it
I agree, it has been known for a long time and wasn't a secret.

Originally Posted by BRT
What happened to the other hull(s) that were in storage?
One is still around, molds are in storage. If you talk to Chris Sunkin, he would tell you that he had a new one in the mold. LOL

Originally Posted by pappo
The real builder of the boat is a very reputable gentleman. The whole problem was you had an under-capitalized company trying to be bigger than it was. First snafu that came along and they were out of money. I can only imagine that it was hard to build it right if there was no money to do so. .
Hi Mike, never met you before but the paragraph above, "for me", seems to sum it up well regarding all the threads about the build of the Chief.

Hearing multiple sides of this story over the years directly from the people involved, I drew the same conclusion. I get a lot of grief because I don't subscribe to one court. Some people don't like that I challenge thier view, it's just that I have listened to all sides and realize there is bad blood and personal vandetta's from various parties on multiple sides. The only reason I ever respond is because it's my feeling the term Last Mohican is coined because that's exactly what some people want it to be and will see to it that it is.

I realize your deal was sour grapes, for various reasons and I think it's just a shame that the saga continues years after the deal is done. There was fault on all sides, maybe not yours, but there was fault on all sides and no one is a white knight in my opinion.

I really don't want to be a part of the drama anymore and this will be my last post on the subject. No hard feelings from me and I wish you nothing but the best in the future.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:19 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frank lets do lunch in the very near future I have to go through your neighborhood in the next week or so on my way to NC...
Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatme
Thanks Mikey

Yep was Mike and I running Chicago poker run. That was a fun day water was sloppy rough and we were hauling the mail

Somone on the boat that day said "I knew were were going to be ok when we past wyatt fountain like he was standing still" LOL

ahh you are correct a better memory of a better day

Thanks for the picture
Yeah...I wanted to be on a bigger boat that day for sure! That shot was just outside the card stop at Michigan City...it was a little smoother over there. The best quote I heard all day on that day was from my wife. "What did you do?" Me: "I slowed down to 60, why?" Her: "Well speed the fk back up, we're getting killed!" Faster = smoother! I flew for a solid 3 count at one point that day.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
I wonder if I should add my spin on this as well Marc?? Look at the end of the day I would accept all of the assets of the company and bring Marc and Bobby back into the deal fix the bottom and go back into the manufacture of this boat it truly was a great vision when it was master minded which I was involved in but at the end of the day money or the lack there of was what destroyed this whole deal!!!
What was wrong with the hull bottom ?
ed
Old 09-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kcsteve124
Pappo and Boatme, This is to both of you,what do you think the boat is worth right now? Pappo you said you would offer them 100k but what do both of you think it should be bought for?
This is purely my opinion and I'll provide my rationale.

I think 100k is a fair price for this boat.

1. The boat is really only worth the paint, the motors, and the drives being a one-off boat. The steps really don't work making the hull on its own probably not worth that much. The reverse chine is a very cool feature, but probably slows it down as well.

2. You're going to want to put a new interior in it or just pull your hair out wondering why you can't get the damn thing clean. I was quoted around 14k by a gentleman who does some interiors for skater.

3. You're going to want to go through the motors. I'd send them down to Tommy to have them gone through. Judging by all the people that have had rides on the boat, it probably needs a bit of freshening. You may want to budget about 20k??

4. The boat was never really dialed in. In my opinion you'll need to try at least a 1" spacer and different props. You'll also want to try venting the steps more to see if that helps. ~15k

When you're done, then that will put you at about 150k and you might be able to not be upside down in it.

If you compare it to Wicked Won which is for sale for $159k with some freshened big power. It is a beautiful well running boat.

I know both boats really well, the former owner of WickedWon and I kept it at the same marina and they've been side by side on many occasions.

If you were to put the two boats together "today" for the same price and ask me what one I'd buy, I'd buy WickedWon. If you were to do all the things I listed above and put the two together, I think I'd pick the Chief mostly because of the paint job and more modern looking interior.

I'm also comparing this to the guy's asking price.

That's my valuation, you can agree with it or disagree with it. It is only my opinion.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
What was wrong with the hull bottom ?
ed
See the above post its covered in the list!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pappo
This is purely my opinion and I'll provide my rationale.

I think 100k is a fair price for this boat.

1. The boat is really only worth the paint, the motors, and the drives being a one-off boat. The steps really don't work making the hull on its own probably not worth that much. The reverse chine is a very cool feature, but probably slows it down as well.

2. You're going to want to put a new interior in it or just pull your hair out wondering why you can't get the damn thing clean. I was quoted around 14k by a gentleman who does some interiors for skater.

3. You're going to want to go through the motors. I'd send them down to Tommy to have them gone through. Judging by all the people that have had rides on the boat, it probably needs a bit of freshening. You may want to budget about 20k??

4. The boat was never really dialed in. In my opinion you'll need to try at least a 1" spacer and different props. You'll also want to try venting the steps more to see if that helps. ~15k

When you're done, then that will put you at about 150k and you might be able to not be upside down in it.

If you compare it to Wicked Won which is for sale for $159k with some freshened big power. It is a beautiful well running boat.

I know both boats really well, the former owner of WickedWon and I kept it at the same marina and they've been side by side on many occasions.

If you were to put the two boats together "today" for the same price and ask me what one I'd buy, I'd buy WickedWon. If you were to do all the things I listed above and put the two together, I think I'd pick the Chief mostly because of the paint job and more modern looking interior.

I'm also comparing this to the guy's asking price.

That's my valuation, you can agree with it or disagree with it. It is only my opinion.
Well said & rationalized.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.