Notices

NY race sucks

Old 09-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucididee
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The park DID NOT have to be cleared by 11am. I do not know where this information came from. .
Someone by the screen name "Bruce Seroff" posted this MIS-information earlier in the thread.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
He lost me at daredevil being cool..ugh...
An obvious error, I'm sure he meant to type "Tool"
Old 09-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes yes ...it was i . guilty as charged. I should have known better. someone had mentioned it to me. I assumed it to be true because of all the events this weekend. thanks for the clarification though. Im glad a proffessional racer chimed in to set the facts straight.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Small Block,

. They had a little spike this year due to several teams that race OPA offered to come to the event.
Thank Fully They all showed up Huh Tim ? LOL

:

It,s all good timmy Chill , an, do what you are good at ,
Takin, Pic,s Which I personally have enjoyed for years Thank you .

Last edited by bobo; 09-11-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
yes yes ...it was i . guilty as charged. I should have known better. someone had mentioned it to me. I assumed it to be true because of all the events this weekend. thanks for the clarification though. Im glad a proffessional racer chimed in to set the facts straight.
The rumors about things that were going on was quite comical. After being in the pits for about 15 mins on Saturday morning and having to go through the the dogs sniffing for bombs, I got a call asking about the cars getting x-rayed. But to clarify, the only thing that was going to be shut down in the park was the crane at 10:45am and not accessible until after the governor left. But once Homeland Security realized that the noise from the crane would not interfere with the “Empty Sky Memorial” ceremony, the crane would not be shut down. But yes, the Hudson River was shut down to river traffic during the race as it is every year
Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Tim,

I would love to tell you however with all the security measures and restrictions, we are not allowed to tell you.
I will be sure to look for it on the 11 o'clock News ....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Everything went smoothly.
Happy to hear for all involved...

After reading this post below, I would be surprised if anyone made it out of there and back without hitting something and causing some kind of damage....

Did any of the race boats come back with damage or were they just as lucky as these pleasure boaters that went out to pay their respects... ?

Originally Posted by nordic95
I just wanted to say Thank You to those who came out today to brave the debris fields and pay our repects to the victims of 9-11. In the 25 years of boating on the Hudson

I have never seen this much debris, there was anything and everything from shoes, trees, pumpkins, propane tanks, 55 gallon drums, tires, floating docks, etc....

Old 09-11-2011, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Happy to hear for all involved...

After reading this post below, I would be surprised if anyone made it out of there and back without hitting something and causing some kind of damage....

Did any of the race boats come back with damage or were they just as lucky as these pleasure boaters that went out to pay their respects... ?
Looks like Cintron got the worst of it with a prop & rudder damage. One other teams will have to replace a prop & a few others have prop dings. All in all, it wasn't was bad as it could have been. But we all know it par for course on the Hudson. All my years of boating from Sandy Hook & up the Hudson, there has always been debris. Yes, there was a little more than normal out there, the shocking part was how brown the water was from all the flooding up north. Once they open the Erie canal & the locks there is going to be sooooooooooo much more debris floating down that river from Upstate NY, Vermont, etc. out to the ocean. Thank you Irene

Last edited by Lucididee; 09-11-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Looks like Cintron got the worst of it with a prop & rudder damage.
OUCH !!! That's got to be about 25 to 30 thousand dollars worth of damage !!!

I hope they won at least ???

They can use the prize money to cover the shipping charges for the damaged parts....

I am trying to make Md.

Cya there !

Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

OUCH !!! That's got to be about 25 to 30 thousand dollars worth of damage !!!

I hope they won at least ???

They can use the prize money to cover the shipping charges for the damaged parts....

I am trying to make Md.

Cya there !
Hope to c ya in MD.

It's good to see that Brian made a run to NYC today. I'm gonna assume he came out of the sound & down the East River.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.