Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stolen prop (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262116-stolen-prop.html)

fastscarab22 09-11-2011 02:36 PM

Stolen prop

Ok ,Here we go i let a friend at HTG use one of my props and i havent got it back yet, he gave it to a guy in canada to try on his boat. I called him and told him it was my propeller and he said he would get it to me , not . Can i make a police report on him and when he comes across the boarder get him arrested for theft. I really dont want to but he has my blade.

what can i do , any one in toronto want to do a repo.

36Envision 09-11-2011 03:26 PM

Do you live fairly close to this guy that has your prop? I'd go get it from him if that is a possibility & within an afternoon cruise.... How long has it been? I don't know how a police report would help if you willingly lent the prop to the guy, might call & ask. Good luck!!

fastscarab22 09-11-2011 04:26 PM

The guy is canada and i am the states, dont know what i can do

cdowns 09-11-2011 04:35 PM

I would start with beating the sh!t out of your buddy...:angry-smiley-038::drink:

36Envision 09-11-2011 06:56 PM

Go take your buddies prop!! Tell him when he gets your prop back from the guy he loaned your prop to, your buddy will get his prop back from you!

kilrbusa 09-11-2011 07:48 PM

...the police are gonna tell you that you have nothing to do w the guy in canada that he never took property from you....the matter is between HTG and the canadian. Now your more than welcome to file a small claims case against HTG for not returning property you lent to them. question is if HTG doesnt return your prop voluntarily do you want to waste your time and money ??

LaughingCat 09-11-2011 07:49 PM

why would your buddy let someone else borrow the prop? has yiur buddy offered to replace it? oh wait, he had to borrow it in the first place.

bobo 09-11-2011 07:55 PM

Ya,might need a a better buddy !:party-smiley-004:

737jetmech 09-11-2011 08:41 PM

I'd be pissed at your so called friend and not the guy he lent it to ! Hope it turns out positive .

Michael1 09-11-2011 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by fastscarab22 (Post 3500980)
Ok ,Here we go i let a friend at HTG use one of my props and i havent got it back yet, he gave it to a guy in canada to try on his boat.

No need to deal with the guy in Canada. Just file a lawsuit in small claims court against this so called friend at HTG. You loaned the prop to him. It doesn't matter what happened to it after it was in his possession. He needs to get your prop back to you, or an equivalent. Don't forget to include all recovery expenses in your suit.

Also you might want to do a better job at choosing "friends", and don't loan anything out in the future. Just a thought.

Michael