Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake St Clair APBA RACE June 22-23 looking for patrol boats-Day after Jobbie nooner >

Lake St Clair APBA RACE June 22-23 looking for patrol boats-Day after Jobbie nooner

Notices

Lake St Clair APBA RACE June 22-23 looking for patrol boats-Day after Jobbie nooner

Old 06-10-2002, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake St Clair APBA RACE June 22-23 looking for patrol boats-Day after Jobbie nooner

June 22-23 There is a race out of metro beach in Harrison Twp., Michigan. There are a few openings available for patrol boats for anyone intrested in helping out, and it is also the best place, besides in a race boat, to see the race action from. Anyone intrested will have a well available, if needed, free of charge at metro beach for the weekend including overnight. The only thing required onboard is a marine radio (no-handheld's) to monitor the race channel, and all we need you to do is call in to ensure the race course is clear, before the start of a race, and keep pleasure boaters from coming too close to the course, however it is quite evident for them not to come near with all the patrol boats in place. This all happens the day after Jobbienooner, so we should all be ready for a day where we can relax and see some great racing action. I've patroled quite a few times and it is a great time, and met alot of great people, and learned alot about offshore racing from the people that race. A camera, your favorite passengers, and sunscreen are also a must have onboard. I've put a link below to the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series, the Lake St Clair Race info is in the upper left corner if you'd like to poke around and check it out. Most of the races in the series could use local patrol boats as well for the rest of you out there that have the Silver Cup series race in your area. Post here, or send me a Private Message with your info and I'll get it to the appropriate people. They watch OSO anyway, so they'll see who you are!! Here's a pic with the patrol boat in the background, close, yet a safe distance away. Talktoyoulater, Rob
http://www.silvercupseries.com/

Sorry I had to delete and re-post this message, I couldn't edit the title to reflect the day after Jobbienooner, so I re-posted it. Thanks again to those who have contacted me about patroling.
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair APBA RACE June 22-23 looking for patrol boats-Day after Jobbie nooner-picture23.jpg  
Old 06-10-2002, 10:19 PM
packinair

If push comes to shove hell glass dave and I are in.. give me a call if you need us.. 419-279-2224 Scott

Old 09-20-2002, 11:04 AM
Registered

Rob, I patrolled on Sunday last year and I will volunteer again this year, let me know.

-Tom
Old 09-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Registered

Geeze, you were way back in the archives on this one....

They are always looking boats to patrol at every race Tom so next year I'll let you know when the time comes, for both St. Clair River, and Lake st clair races. Thanks, Rob
Old 09-20-2002, 11:42 AM
hoodlum

Rob,

Understanding that this post was from the past event, just wanted to get my name out there for next year. My crew and I would love to volunteer!!

Scott

Old 09-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Registered

Yeah it's from June, where were you guys then!!!

Just kidding, everything always works itself out just fine. I'm sure I'll be asked again to find more people for them next year, and if you want to read up on it go to the apba site, and then the silver cup series and poke around. There are contacts and info in there.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Registered

I did a search and found this thread and didn't see the date and I hoped you wouldn't notice it, oops, well I'm good for next year anyway.