Tampa Boat show was small to say the least

Notices

Tampa Boat show was small to say the least

Old 09-12-2011, 11:59 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Tampa Boat show was small to say the least

kinda took a hole 2 hours to walk through entire facility, including on the water boats. WTF No go fast boats either, just the Geico cat on display. they must have two boats, because this on was a parts buggy look like to me. At least the hull wasn't torn up like the other one. semi and all was in the show. Impressive to say the least.
B38

Last edited by B38; 09-12-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our annual boat show here in Houston has gone way downhill too.
If your a fan of center consoles and wakeboard/ski boats it's right up your alley.
I wish we'd of had Miss G at our show as a display.
Here's some pic's on a link to what was decent at our show back in January.
If it ain't to much trouble and you got some pic's I'd love to see closeups of the Cat.

Originally Posted by huskyrider
Today was the half price ticket and parking day at the Houston Boat Show. It was also lame too.
I've never seen so many center console fishing boats, bass boats, and ski boats in my life.
A local NorTech dealer had a cigarette hull offshore center console fishing boat plus a 36' cigarette style with 600SC's and the local Donzi dealer had a weird 38' bow rider, center cabin, with 8.2 mags.
They were the only Go-Fasts represented.
There were also some nice display engines, the 900SC and EFI 525 looked sweet, but there was no salesman or literature to be found.

Here's a couple of pic's of these boats and the engines/drives.

It was a shame that the POS camera out of my work truck wouldn't focus for $hit trying to take pic's.
Truthfully, I go every year to fill out the entries for the free boats they give away today and tomorrow, for beer, and for all the free junk like Koozies and writing pens.
I've given up on them being good again.
I'm with you guys, Miami would be tasty.

Later,
Kelly
Old 09-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Registered

That Donzi looked good.

Contender a a great looking new CC in the water.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Bravo III
kinda took a hole 2 hours to walk through entire facility, including on the water boats. WTF No go fast boats either, just the Geico cat on display. they must have two boats, because this on was a parts buggy look like to me. At least the hull wasn't torn up like the other one. semi and all was in the show. Impressive to say the least.
B38
not sure if you go often but i go yearly. It is always like that and it has never been a place for power boats. I still enjoy it though and can spend a few hours there.

We went friday. The miss gieco is the old retired hual...the other one is at mystic getting finished up. All you have to do is ask and they will tell you that.

Hung out at the Power boating in paradice booth. Talked with Stu and the guys for about 45 min and he even called for a boat for me to go look at (great guys btw...cant wait to join).

All in all me and the GF had fun and it is just what you make of it.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:20 PM
B38
Registered

Sorry, no pictures. Just did not turn me on what was there. I have alot of goodies though from the event. Coozies up the wasoo. LOL
I just expected more, my 2 cents
Old 09-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Sorry, no pictures. Just did not turn me on what was there. I have alot of goodies though from the event. Coozies up the wasoo. LOL
Like i said.

Not sure if it was your first time to the Tampa event but that is what it is year after year. Never been a HUGE show amd never been a performance boat show.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Registered

At least you guys get some powerboats, or CC..up here in St.Louis we dont get anything. We have alot of bass boats and family style open bows..it really sucks. It use to be huge with tons of amazing boats, now..nothing.. Even with MTI right up the road they dont even bother making a showing. Just goes to show ya where the market is now..
Old 09-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

That's OK, I'm just a junkie of stupid pic's. I carry a camera in every vehicle because of running jobs and taking pictures and it carries over into my life as well.
I used to get excited going to them but now, like yourself, it's for the goodies in the grab bag.
Once I win a give away boat I'm sure I'll get the excitement back, LOL!!!

Originally Posted by florida gator
That Donzi looked good.
Contender a a great looking new CC in the water.
It was a great looking unit but even after a MAJOR price concession only good for purchase at the show it was way more than I thought the market would bear on a weird configuration. I know one thing, you wouldn't catch me riding up there in a boat carrying any type of speed in some chop.

Originally Posted by stlliberator
At least you guys get some powerboats, or CC..up here in St.Louis we dont get anything. We have alot of bass boats and family style open bows..it really sucks. It use to be huge with tons of amazing boats, now..nothing.. Even with MTI right up the road they dont even bother making a showing. Just goes to show ya where the market is now..
That sucks!!! I'd think being that close to LOTO and with all the midwestern powerboaters that a big player like them would set up just to make the home crowd proud of their local MFG.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Default need more not less

These boatshows should pop and really happen... I went to one of those fast-n- furious car shows ,,, hot import night... now that was a happening my son was about to hypervent from exctment everywhere you looked it was happening girls cars light music, tons of excitement . Maybe that formula is not the exact right thing m but the 1958 show style they currently use is just not happening.... Come to the Boating toys for tots tour
Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 AM
B38
Registered

More floating docks and hardgoods for your lawn was there,
if I needed some new age chemical to clean,oil,polish. that also was there. Weekend get aways with a 1 hour tour to buy a time share, yeah rite. Sea Ray had some nice midsize boats for pleasure, looked good if that is what you are gunning for. But the million dollar boats outside all had 500,000.00 off if purchased at the show. Hmmm, they all have been from 2009 or 10. Old stock that they can't give away do too hurting times. I would hate to be a dealer now. I wish all the best for them Dealers, hope they can make through these hard times.
B38

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.