Winterizing SuperChillers under 10-71s

Notices

Winterizing SuperChillers under 10-71s

Old 09-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winterizing SuperChillers under 10-71s

I have a new boat with Blown 583's.

The superchiller (intercoolers) under the 10-71s have a seperate pickup on the bottom of the hull which is expected. I also have seperate discharges out of the transom. There is no pump on the intercooler its just force feed in normal running. Can I get glycol to stay in these intercoolers. I was thinking just blowing the intercooler out but I really dont want to chance that, I would feel more comfortable with glycol, but the problem is I think it will just run right back out.

Is there anyone who has much experiance with this. I do everything myself so taking it to someone is out of the question. I just want a back up for my thinking.

mac

Last edited by Mad Mac; 09-23-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Mad Mac
I have a new boat with Blown 583's.

The superchiller (intercoolers) under the 10-71s have a seperate pickup on the bottom of the hull which is expected. I also have seperate discharges out of the transom. There is no pump on the intercooler its just force feed in normal running. Can I get glycol to stay in these intercoolers. I was thinking just blowing the intercooler out but I really dont want to chance that, I would feel more comfortable with glycol, but the problem is I think it will just run right back out.

Is there anyone who has much experiance with this. I do everything myself so taking it to someone is out of the question. I just want a back up for my thinking.

mac
if you have shut off valves youcan fill them through the transm pick up and whyle the fluid is flowing out the through hull fitting just shut the valves and they will stay full..i would still blow them out with low air pressure also..