Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Quick LOTO Vid of my 6 cylinder turbo Daytona.... >

Quick LOTO Vid of my 6 cylinder turbo Daytona....

Notices

Quick LOTO Vid of my 6 cylinder turbo Daytona....

Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
psi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey PokerRun388...its funny cause I have that magazine when Bob ran that 144MPH in powerboat magazine....definitely dont plan on beating that....Thats crazy fast!! Im happy ive ran what I did...lets just see what this Little 3.0L has in it!! HAHAHA!!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Is that a billet compressor wheel you just destroyed? That stinks. I havent had much experience with them, but I know Garrett makes an anti-surge housing, I think Specialty does as well. Unless of course your avatar is your actual turbo, then you are already running it lol.

With the RPM dependent boost, I guess that would be my worry wart tendencies setting it up. A gradual increase into the RPM band similar to the ignition timing jump on a typical mercruiser setup might save a wheel or two. Couldnt tell from the video, but I hope for wrenching sake its all v-band Good luck and I look forward to seeing more!

Last edited by Jay Gadsby; 09-13-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not necessarily an import fan, but numbers are numbers and that is d*mn impressive. And different! Kudos to ya and thanks for bringing it all the way up here for us to enjoy.

Hope to see ya next year.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by psi
Hey PokerRun388...its funny cause I have that magazine when Bob ran that 144MPH in powerboat magazine....definitely dont plan on beating that....Thats crazy fast!! Im happy ive ran what I did...lets just see what this Little 3.0L has in it!! HAHAHA!!
I have that mag too! I actually saw that boat at eliminator before they pulled the 1300+hp out. It looked awesome with the quad/whipple carb's... I was told they sold the boat with a 525/bravo xr...Jerry at eliminator told me they were afraid to sell it to anyone with that setup haha...

I asked Bob about that 144 run, and he smilied and said, he probably wouldn't try it again, and couldn't feel the boat in the water, at that speed... Knowing Bob, im sure he'd probably do it again lol
Old 09-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Smile

Brendan, also i really like the gelcoat colors/scheme on your boat.. Looks very cool and different, I haven't seen another Elim painted like it... Nice and Orginial !! Looks great!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Default Loto

Hey Brendan it was cool to hang out with you on Saturday!!
Saw you run on Sunday looked great!!!
That power is really cool to see all the fab Brendan has done up close is a must.
Tell your freinds we say Hi and thanks for the burger next time on me.
Don't tell anyone I was on a pontoon
Jim
www.ozarkspeedandmarine.com
is our link see ya next year
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 PM
psi
Registered

Hey Keytime...thanks alot...will most definitely be back next year...everyone there is great...will be up next year for the boat parade and have a space rented on the dock so more people can view it and ask more questions in person..

Hey Jay...yea sucks about the compressor wheel...cant believe it still made the power it did...definitely working on that surging!!

Hey Jim...good to hear from ya...man I waited almost 2hrs to race on saturday and heard I missed all the fun you guys were having....i was about 3rd to go when the MTI had the engine fire and they shut the course...and im here with my brother and he says hello...cant wait till next year...KIT!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered

Those 2jz's are awesome motors. I've seen some of your other videos on youtube. Nice boat.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 PM
psi
Registered

Originally Posted by bdubs
Those 2jz's are awesome motors. I've seen some of your other videos on youtube. Nice boat.
Thanks, Ill have some new videos soon, once i get the turbo repaired!!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Sweet!!

Care to share what internal mods are needed to hold up at that power level in a boat? My impression of 2JZ engine and RB26DETT is that they have very strong internals and you don't need to open them up unless you're over 600hp-ish. True?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.