Pictures of Concept's New 36 Open

Notices

Pictures of Concept's New 36 Open

Old 09-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Mark,

I was told once that the 36 is the old 33 Apache hull is that true?
Yes.

Bobbi Saccenti produced two different models of the 33 Apache.

The first was the 33' x 8'2", of which he designed the hull and two decks, sport and CC. These were the molds sold to Luis, the founder of Concept Boats. I think Bobby blocked the 39 Apache mold, made a plug and that became the Apache 33' x 8'2" beam mold but not 100% sure on this. The 39' Apache is an original mid-80's design by Bobby Saccenti, no Apache's were ever made from it and it is not related to the 41' Apache.

The second was the 33' x 9.5; this hull mold was a Don Aronow Squadron Twelve, a cut down old style 36' Cigarette race boat. Bobby designed the sport and CC decks on this model.

Concept purchased what they thought were the 33 Corsair molds, however they were actually the Apache 33 narrow beam molds.

Luis/Concept lengthened the strakes for safety, fabricated his own deck and the Concept 33 was born in 1999. In 2002 a change in Coast Guard regulations required the bracket to be counted in LOA so the model was changed from a Concept 33 to a Concept 36.

Last edited by marylandmark; 09-15-2011 at 04:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (07-24-2022)
Old 09-15-2011, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks