Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Does this sound like a scam??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262318-does-sound-like-scam.html)

88242LS 09-14-2011 06:39 PM

If its sounds like a scam it is, it never ceases to amaze me how much thought they put into it to write that

jasonmd2 09-14-2011 06:45 PM

SCAM 110%...like others have said...run away!

US1 Fountain 09-14-2011 06:54 PM

Are you seriously asking, or just wanting to tell us about it?

JTeam 09-14-2011 07:03 PM

When I sold my last boat, I thought for sure I was being scammed, but the guy send me 3 cashiers checks which cleared instantly. He never looked at the boat or sent anyone to check me out. I would let him put the money in the PayPal account, withdraw it and hold the title and the boat till you move the money somewhere else. That's what I did and it worked out.

Catastrophe 09-14-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by 88242LS (Post 3503632)
If its sounds like a scam it is, it never ceases to amaze me how much thought they put into it to write that

Effort is right. They all took Creative Writing Class
Good Day,

Greetings to you and your family, let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. David Later a representative of the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (fbi) Currently in Nigeria to fight against internet frauds. I was assigned by the (FBI) Director Mr Robert Mueller, to come to Nigeria and help scam victims,and people who are yet to receive their winnings receive it without been scam.

Your name appear as one of those people who are yet to receive their funds. Please note, i will advice you to stop dealings with those people who are contacting you telling you that your funds are in their possesion,because they are not who they say they are. Your funds worth the sum of $15 Million us dollars is in our custody and I will assist you in getting it, the same way I assisted Mr Tom Smith.

Therefore I want to inform you that you are require to make a payment of $390 usd for the paper work . Also be inform that your funds will be transfer into your local bank account as soon as you make the payment, So if you are ready to make the payment I want you to get back to me with the below information.

Full Names:
Address:
Zip Code:
Telephone Number:

As soon as the above details have been confirmed by me, I will give you instructions on how to make the payment of $390 usd for the paper works and legal documentation. As soon as the payment is made, I will get the documents done then the bank will contact you, and they will give you a login into their website, so you can transfer your money into your account without delay.

Important Notice; Do not respond to any emails apart from myself, and forward all further emails you get from those scammers to me, so I can work with the local police, the FBI and Interpol to bring them down. They are imposters, and their fraudulent activities is bringing a bad name to this country, denting the image of honest people like us, that’s why we have to bring them down.

Note: I have attach my (FBI) identification card to you, for you to know that i am the real person for you to contact.

I await to hear from you today, on behalf of the members and staff of the MARVIN COMPENSATION HOUSE Award Authorities, And the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION ( FBI) I say Congratulations once more.

Yours in Service,
Mr. David Later.
( F B I )representative
(Compensation Officer).

STUPID PHUCK is more like it.

GLH 09-14-2011 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by huskyrider (Post 3503568)
Does this sound like a scam???

yup

mcraymond3 09-14-2011 07:29 PM

Scam!!!!!

Dkahnjob 09-14-2011 11:59 PM

That is a common scam. Don't even bother to answer him.
Don't give him any info at all.
Run the other direction as fast and far as possible!

pqjack 09-15-2011 05:40 AM

you will also notice they never mention the boat/car by brand name or model...happened to me when i sold my vette.....i am very interested in your VEHICLE.....thats all they say

PARADOX 09-15-2011 07:13 AM

SCAM.. I got as bunch of those type of E-mails too. RUn like hell.