Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Does this sound like a scam??? >

Does this sound like a scam???

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SCAM 110%...like others have said...run away!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you seriously asking, or just wanting to tell us about it?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

When I sold my last boat, I thought for sure I was being scammed, but the guy send me 3 cashiers checks which cleared instantly. He never looked at the boat or sent anyone to check me out. I would let him put the money in the PayPal account, withdraw it and hold the title and the boat till you move the money somewhere else. That's what I did and it worked out.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
If its sounds like a scam it is, it never ceases to amaze me how much thought they put into it to write that
Effort is right. They all took Creative Writing Class
Good Day,

Greetings to you and your family, let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. David Later a representative of the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (fbi) Currently in Nigeria to fight against internet frauds. I was assigned by the (FBI) Director Mr Robert Mueller, to come to Nigeria and help scam victims,and people who are yet to receive their winnings receive it without been scam.

Your name appear as one of those people who are yet to receive their funds. Please note, i will advice you to stop dealings with those people who are contacting you telling you that your funds are in their possesion,because they are not who they say they are. Your funds worth the sum of $15 Million us dollars is in our custody and I will assist you in getting it, the same way I assisted Mr Tom Smith.

Therefore I want to inform you that you are require to make a payment of $390 usd for the paper work . Also be inform that your funds will be transfer into your local bank account as soon as you make the payment, So if you are ready to make the payment I want you to get back to me with the below information.

Full Names:
Address:
Zip Code:
Telephone Number:

As soon as the above details have been confirmed by me, I will give you instructions on how to make the payment of $390 usd for the paper works and legal documentation. As soon as the payment is made, I will get the documents done then the bank will contact you, and they will give you a login into their website, so you can transfer your money into your account without delay.

Important Notice; Do not respond to any emails apart from myself, and forward all further emails you get from those scammers to me, so I can work with the local police, the FBI and Interpol to bring them down. They are imposters, and their fraudulent activities is bringing a bad name to this country, denting the image of honest people like us, that’s why we have to bring them down.

Note: I have attach my (FBI) identification card to you, for you to know that i am the real person for you to contact.

I await to hear from you today, on behalf of the members and staff of the MARVIN COMPENSATION HOUSE Award Authorities, And the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION ( FBI) I say Congratulations once more.

Yours in Service,
Mr. David Later.
( F B I )representative
(Compensation Officer).

STUPID PHUCK is more like it.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
yup

Last edited by GLH; 09-15-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Scam!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member

That is a common scam. Don't even bother to answer him.
Don't give him any info at all.
Run the other direction as fast and far as possible!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:40 AM
Registered

you will also notice they never mention the boat/car by brand name or model...happened to me when i sold my vette.....i am very interested in your VEHICLE.....thats all they say
Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

SCAM.. I got as bunch of those type of E-mails too. RUn like hell.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Looking for another newbie aol user

Originally Posted by pqjack
you will also notice they never mention the boat/car by brand name or model...happened to me when i sold my vette.....i am very interested in your VEHICLE.....thats all they say
Yep. String him along for an email or two and talk of the item will completely cease. His secretary or 'agent' will accidentally make the check out for more than the price and the focus will shift to instructions on how to return the overage amount with a small 'deduction' for your troubles.

I played along with one last year on a lens I was trying to sell. Took it to the point of actually receiving the check, which looked real enough to fool most people, but there were some obvious signs of fakery.

the entire premise is based on 'greed makes people blind'.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.