RIP Sonic (Warning ugly photos) >

RIP Sonic (Warning ugly photos)

Notices

RIP Sonic (Warning ugly photos)

Old 09-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
Your not going to like the outcome if this is on your insurace using that truck and trailer.
i think your right on with that statement.somebody is going to take a shower,,,,,,,,,,and i hope its not you.you would have thought good sence would have ruled here,but dat green stuff is some powerful stuff,,,,,,,and i am not talking green stuff that you smoke.good luck.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Glenncal--

Just curious---where in Colorado were you planning on using that boat. I took a job in Denver last year and did not see anywhere that I could run my 36 Outlaw.

Thanks,

Smitty
Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't mean to rough anyone up and I hope everyone comes out of this ok financially. With that said, I agree it isn't the sellers fault but whomever was hauling that boat is going to get shot down from their insurance company. If the owner s broker is hauling the boat I would say the blame lies somewhere on that side of the equation. I would hate to see the buyer have to pay for that boat and never get to splash it. Like I said, I hope everyone makes out ok but.....

Last edited by Chuck; 09-15-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

A Tahoe, did you know he was using that truck? Be thankful nobody got hurt. Someone is going to get screwed on this one, keep us up to date.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

I don't think an attempt by an insurance company to decline based on tow vehicle would stand up in court. There are no legal nor industry standards of any kind that represent the towing capability of a vehicle. The companies (GM, Ford, Toyota, ...) make up whatever they want to make up. Its totally arbitrary. Refusing a claim on arbitrary grounds will not work.

For example, in Europe, the VW Tiguan is rated to tow 5500 lbs, but here the exact same vehicle is rated at only 3500 lbs. Worse: every truck vendor here in the US has been jacking up their tow ratings even when the trucks have stayed the same. Its just a marketing label.

Now, I have a truck that is far more than I need, according to manufacturer specs. I like safety.

But how many of us used to tow with regular cars? In the early 60s, my parents had a 4000 lb boat on a 2000 lb trailer, and we went all over the place towing that boat behind a 32 HP VW microbus! Slow, safe (super heavy duty hydraulic brakes), never had a problem. I mean, every vehicle back then was a death trap... but we all used them!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Look at the rating of the new ford 150 with the tow package 11000 lbs .....not with my boat,I like a better GVW then that.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

The broker must not deal in boats of this size much to think a tahoe would pull it safely. I would like to see him pull the boat out of the lake with it.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 4,313 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrash
I don't think an attempt by an insurance company to decline based on tow vehicle would stand up in court. There are no legal nor industry standards of any kind that represent the towing capability of a vehicle. The companies (GM, Ford, Toyota, ...) make up whatever they want to make up. Its totally arbitrary. Refusing a claim on arbitrary grounds will not work.

For example, in Europe, the VW Tiguan is rated to tow 5500 lbs, but here the exact same vehicle is rated at only 3500 lbs. Worse: every truck vendor here in the US has been jacking up their tow ratings even when the trucks have stayed the same. Its just a marketing label.

Now, I have a truck that is far more than I need, according to manufacturer specs. I like safety.

But how many of us used to tow with regular cars? In the early 60s, my parents had a 4000 lb boat on a 2000 lb trailer, and we went all over the place towing that boat behind a 32 HP VW microbus! Slow, safe (super heavy duty hydraulic brakes), never had a problem. I mean, every vehicle back then was a death trap... but we all used them!
I agree, has anyone personally actually had a claim denied because of this reason here?
Always sounded like an ol wives tale to me.. or some no name insurance company.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the problem with insurance maybe if the Tahoe is a pleasure vehicle and insured as such and being used in commerical activity more so than a rating issue. His insurance could not cover him if using the Tahoe for work and if he is charging for tranporting the boat?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

may I ask how you guys know it was the trucks fault???

maybe the boat was not strapped to the trailer correctly.

I had the same exact trailer and it swayed like a bit@h because I could not get enough tongue weght on it no matter how far forward I moved the boat(axles in wrong spot)

10500lb GVWR seems light for that boat...3 axles 3500lb each =10.500lb ..-2.000lb for the trailer =8.500lb carrying capacity..

I would think that boat is close to 8.500lb if not over..

just saying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.