Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hudson River Raft UP (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26239-hudson-river-raft-up.html)

Prowler 06-11-2002 10:59 PM

Tantrum, we'll be one of the boats cruisin down with Bo. We wouldn't be able to cruise at 65 mph, unless we tow a fuel barge around with us,(engine starts to make boost) besides 65 mph is just about maxed out for us, right Bo? :eek:
Bo, if your reading this, the Outlaw will probably be back in the running for Sat.

Tantrum 06-13-2002 12:03 PM

Dave, I didnt take as you rocking rocking the boat. I asked for feedback and you gave it and you have a very valid piont. How close to the TZ do you think we should be?

Looking forward to meeting all of you SATURDAY on the river w/ the SUN SHINEing and 85 DEGREE weather. Keep saying it loud with authority and it will happen!

:D

Chris288 06-13-2002 12:23 PM

The good news is,,,,

The weather men are saying cloudy with showers in the 60's,, which if translated correctly means sunny, clear and 80's.....:D :D :D

If the weather is ****ty, I am going in at peekskill and meeting up with everyone at the TZ.

If the weather is NICE, I am heading all the way down to the city, to check everything out and then will be heading back up to the raft up just before the start.... looking forward to meeting everyone also.. Chris

Team V 06-13-2002 12:48 PM

We have a saying here in upstate NY...

If you don't like the weather, just wait ten minutes and it will change!

I've been keeping an eye on the doppler radar, I don't see any major systems heading our way? I know they keep calling for rain, maybe just a CYA.
Anyway, it looks like theres enough room on that river to dodge the raindrops.

Team V 06-13-2002 01:15 PM

Okay, whats the plan again?

Meet for raft up, watch poker run, and then??

There was a mention earlier about a fun run down to the city. Is it still on, depending on weather?

dcrafft and Bo, what are your plans after the poker run?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-13-2002 09:00 PM

I was considering asking Billy Frenz about maybe leaving earlier then everyone else. That start can get real nasty.:eek: Then I too would be able to see all the big boats at speed. I'll just have to keep off to the side...

dckrafft 06-13-2002 09:24 PM

Tantrum,

I think the the best spot for viewing the event would be right at the TZ Bridge. Depending on the number of boats we could have a group on each side of the "main span" structures. In addition to having the best seats for the finish line, as long as the boats stay to the side of the bridge supports, there is no danger of interfering with any of the participants.

bajadave,

I do not have any set plans after the run, I am open to any suggestions.

Bo,

We will have to adjust our meeting time at Newburgh in order to meet the group at 10:00 am. I will send you an e-mail also.

Dave

Shanghied Again 06-13-2002 09:34 PM

Chris, I believe the Tapanzee would be the best, Then we will know who got there first! Just my thought

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-13-2002 09:36 PM

Frank, Are u going out Manasquan or Trailering up?

dckrafft 06-13-2002 09:38 PM

Chris,

Are you planning on meeting the group at the Bear Mountain bridge?

Dave