Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Around Long Island race...Postponed to 2012 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262576-around-long-island-race-postponed-2012-a.html)

quicklt1 09-19-2011 04:02 PM

bzsmarina, details on boat?

Ciao! 09-19-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by quicklt1 (Post 3506808)
ciao! cant get made because your (I am asumming) Italian like me..

Good Lord! My old raceboat was called Ciao!

"Made" - That is something we English chaps watch in Hollywood Films.

Sonic30ss 09-19-2011 04:12 PM

Very Very disappointed..

CigaretteSam 09-19-2011 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss (Post 3506820)
Very Very disappointed..

I feel your dissapointment.....I too was looking forward to seeing you + others in this race again. I was also planning to display my little Mini Hawk for sale this year on land, plus helping out with the photography like last year....looks like we got to wait a longgg time now.......

kreed 09-19-2011 05:29 PM

Dont let this thread die for a whole year. This could be the beginning of the advertisement for next years event. They now have plenty of time to organize, hype, and advertise a HUGE event. Consider what some of the nay-sayers are sayin, adjust pricing if necessary, and make this thing bigger than life! Good luck and I hope everyone make next years event a huge success.....

TnMike 09-19-2011 05:33 PM

What a shame, I was really looking forward to getting to attend this year. Oh well, I guess we will just have to try harder to make it a success for next year.

I am just curious, with this year, you listed 7 teams that expressed serious interest in competing, with 2 actually registered/fee paid. If all 7 were registered with entry fees paid, would that have been enough for this year's race to be a competitive & financial success? If not, what is that minimum number? Just curious so we know what to try to work towards for next year.

Best of luck as always & thanks Charlie for your hard work in trying to put this together for this year!

PARADOX 09-19-2011 05:43 PM

Hmm.. All I can say, that I am sorry to see this happen.
Sad, that there wasn't enough interest.

wanab 09-19-2011 05:49 PM

offshore only?

more like onshore only.

:angry-smiley-038:

once again the americans look like the sad sacs they are.

innerrage 09-19-2011 06:30 PM

Don would not be proud of this,

Ciao! 09-19-2011 06:34 PM

Joe DeFusco - Top Bloke

I feel very sorry for last years winner, Joe DeFusco.

I met him at the Event last year and he is a "Top Bloke".

He has worked his socks off getting his Sonic sorted for this year, with extra fuel reserves, navigation instruments for his "Tom Cruise" Look Alike Navigator Jon.

I have had the job of running the Cowes Torquay Cowes race for the last 2 years - It is never easy to put on, but my team do the very best to make sure it runs.