Notices

Accident in ocean city

Old 09-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been on this boat many times and been behind the wheel in rough water it seems the driver cut the wheel into a bad wave maybe a bad angle. What a shame always a great looking and running boat. The boat wasn't even sold but a week ago how dumb is this?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Registered

God was watching over the 3 in the boat that day for sure!

was the boat rented out or loaned out? it doesnt seem like svl-warlock was on it and he claimed ownership---something is not adding up?? this would help explain the likelihood of why the incident occured in the first place??
Old 09-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Registered

Either the boat had no insurance on it or svl took it to his marina and eagerly started working on it before insurance adjusters finalized any claim--either way it would be considered a total loss. that sucks
Old 09-21-2011, 02:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Wouldn't the boat be totaled and the insurance company just keep it? Unless you buy the boat back, how could it come back to your shop? Just asking.
The insurance company can simply deduct the salvage value of the boat from the settlement amount. You do not need to give up ownership of the boat. Most insurance companies will have an issue with the policy holder being a passenger and having someone who is not named on the policy at the controls.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Registered

The boat is fully insured. It is owned by our company. We brought it back to our marina because we wanted to take care of the motors as best we could to keep any more damage from happening. The accident happened a mile from our marina. I was not on the boat at the time of the accident, however my brothers were.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1st, glad all are ok.
Not to sound like a dick, but seems to be some conflicting info here. Boat going fast, turned sharp and rolled by eyewitnesses, to going not fast and **** just happened with 'steering' being questioned, yet drives were straight?? Why wouldn't they have been turned fully to cause a roll if it did in fact fail?

No idea how this works under these circumstances, so just asking...
Did the ins adjusters determine the cause of the accident before you took the boat?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

That was my point it was eagarly "worked on" before the insurance adjuster finalized the claim taking apart the motors is not gonna save anything....its gonna make a mess of the motors for the person buying it from the salvage auction. You better hope the insurance co doesnt charged you to reassemble everything back.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad everyone got out alright...sad to see...
Old 09-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kilrbusa
That was my point it was eagarly "worked on" before the insurance adjuster finalized the claim taking apart the motors is not gonna save anything....its gonna make a mess of the motors for the person buying it from the salvage auction. You better hope the insurance co doesnt charged you to reassemble everything back.
If it where my boat, I would want to know the current condition of the boat completly before making or accepting any offers to buy the boat back. Also if I could possibly save anything to make the boat worth fixing I would. So, I see no point in your comment.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered

Glad everyone is OK ! I had a hydraulic line fail on the steering in my 31 Sonic at about 60 MPH and the boat took a "hard" turn to port nearly throwing 2 passengers overboard. While the boat did not roll, steering issues do occur and not a fun feeling ! Like SVL said, boats can be replaced, lives cannot !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.