Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are you proud to be an American OffShore Boater? >

Are you proud to be an American OffShore Boater?

Notices

Are you proud to be an American OffShore Boater?

Old 09-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
So just about every race this season has been insignificant in your view. How many classes had 2 or fewer participants? wouldn't those classes be insignificant?
No. I view those other races as actually meaningful. Take for instance Sarasota...It happened on the weekend it was supposed to happen, as advertised (locally, nationally, and all over the internet), 10's of thousands of people showed up, the racing was good, the coverage was excellent, etc.

Clearwater is coming up very soon. I'd venture to say that it will probably take place when it's supposed to take place. I'll be in the spectator fleet amongst the other 3,000 boats.

Then there's Key West. I'll be there amongst the many other thousands of folks.

Events like that possess significance.

Tell me, how many people were expected to attend this weekends L.I. race? Where would they go? What channel was it going to be on? If you won because the one other boat broke down how meaningful would that be? What's stopping you from going around L.I. this weekend anyway? Same thing, but you'd save a thousand bucks...

Just my view. I'm entitled to it, and I'm taking it.

Last edited by CigDaze; 09-21-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
You NE guys are alright. Bring it on.
hahaha...we tend to make threads interesting.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
hahaha...we tend to make threads interesting.
I've noticed.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:24 AM
bzsmarina

Just my view. I'm entitled to it, and I'm taking it

Last edited by bzsmarina; 09-21-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bzsmarina
no i am not a proud american boater any more! Not after all this crap!!!! I use to like this site, now i hate it!! This race is more meaningfully than any other. Now is it meaningfully to win if all the other boats break? My answer is yes, very much so! Just to make it around 271 miles is. If you dont think so, try it see how far you make it. Now if i was a big dollar guy like you guys than i would bet you i would make it much farther than you, but i dont have cash like that. Now to just go around with no race is very much not meaningfully. The hole point is the advensure not how much the cost or what do i get for free. Its to honor the greats and don. But all the young guys dont honor anyone but themselves. Now i am done with this crappy site, and lost all faith in most on here. Dont ever look for me at your poker runs or event. Only event i would ever go to is one billy puts on, as last year i was treated with much respect. My last words are if you think its that easy come out try to beat me, but you never will. Good bye oso!!!!!!!!!
I doubt anyone will miss you. Good bye.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:40 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bzsmarina
Good bye oso!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bzs marine you are lucky runhotracing169.2 is banned because he would tear you a new,
Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
No. I view those other races as actually meaningful. Take for instance Sarasota...It happened on the weekend it was supposed to happen, as advertised (locally, nationally, and all over the internet), 10's of thousands of people showed up, the racing was good, the coverage was excellent, etc.

Clearwater is coming up very soon. I'd venture to say that it will probably take place when it's supposed to take place. I'll be in the spectator fleet amongst the other 3,000 boats.

Then there's Key West. I'll be there amongst the many other thousands of folks.

Events like that possess significance.

Tell me, how many people were expected to attend this weekends L.I. race? Where would they go? What channel was it going to be on? If you won because the one other boat broke down how meaningful would that be? What's stopping you from going around L.I. this weekend anyway? Same thing, but you'd save a thousand bucks...

Just my view. I'm entitled to it, and I'm taking it.

I think I understand your point (finally) and why we look at it differently. My viewpoint is that of a racer. Your viewpoint is that of a spectator. I will honestly say that as a racer my only concern was racing. I was never involved, nor did I have any desire to be involved, in the marketing end.

You are correct. Those "races" took place on time and in the advertised location. My point as a racer (not a spectator) is that how can a race be a race with only 1 boat in a class? Isn't that just a demonstration?

Once again, I view it as a competitor, but I am trying to see the spectator side of things.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does "Meaningfully" mean? And the "hole point is the advensure"?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
I think I understand your point (finally) and why we look at it differently. My viewpoint is that of a racer. Your viewpoint is that of a spectator. I will honestly say that as a racer my only concern was racing. I was never involved, nor did I have any desire to be involved, in the marketing end.

You are correct. Those "races" took place on time and in the advertised location. My point as a racer (not a spectator) is that how can a race be a race with only 1 boat in a class? Isn't that just a demonstration?

Once again, I view it as a competitor, but I am trying to see the spectator side of things.
Very cool. There are many different views from different perspectives, and I can totally appreciate your stance on this from your point of view. I have the utmost respect for those who race in any form in any fashion. I would love to see a dozen die-hard individuals like yourself throw whatever you've got into the pot and battle the hell out of each other and the seas on a great course like this, winner takes all. Despite what bzsmarina has tried to implied about me, I'm no big money, big shot guy - I can't afford what it takes to campaign for a season - but I DO LOVE boat racing and competition, and I certainly DO honor Don and his legend and take pride in that every time I look at my boat. My gripes and grievances are aimed solely at this event itself, and how pathetically it's managed and marketed. I don't appreciate the fact that certain individuals try to capitalize using a legend's name, and then disgrace it like this, while those who've made commitments are left holding an empty bag.

Last edited by CigDaze; 09-21-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.