Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Watch Nick of Statement Marine,Attempt World Record - NYC to Bermuda 9/21/11 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262666-watch-nick-statement-marine-attempt-world-record-nyc-bermuda-9-21-11-a.html)

bimini run 09-21-2011 08:26 PM

Latest GPS track just came up, looks like they nailed it in that NW direction. Hope everything is OK

HabanaJoe 09-21-2011 08:32 PM

Yea, looks like they are hauling ass in, if they aborted then they have plenty of fuel why dog it back in, pull up and run it in.

I think they'll make land in OC Maryland, win direction and stream at their back, makes sense to me?

Tantrum 09-21-2011 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Venomous (Post 3509180)
Been following this all day. This is stressful to watch!!!
Hoping for a good outcome.

Not only did was i distracted all day at the office with my laptop running on the side desk, now ill be up checking in all night.
Im confident all is well, they were well prepared.

Keytime 09-21-2011 08:36 PM

It appears they were stopped for about 20 minutes (9:03 to 9:23 ET) and now back underway again. Keep rollin', guys!

Johnny Venomous 09-21-2011 08:39 PM

At least they are under way again. Sucked when it wouldn't refresh for a while.

BigSilverCat 09-21-2011 08:52 PM

just in case we see them stop or slow 0-50 -80? miles from shore. Is anyone in the direction they are comming back in at that has a reliable boat that would be willing to head out toward the direction they are comming in at and check on them and follow them back in to make sure they dont have a fuel (amount) problem or something? im sure we can come up with some money for fuel.

Tyson

damdonzi 09-21-2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3509235)
just in case we see them stop or slow 0-50 -80? miles from shore. Is anyone in the direction they are comming back in at that has a reliable boat that would be willing to head out toward the direction they are comming in at and check on them and follow them back in to make sure they dont have a fuel (amount) problem or something? im sure we can come up with some money for fuel.

Tyson

Sorry to see them turning back West and this is a great thought.

akaboatman 09-21-2011 08:57 PM

Wow,I just cked back in. I have been following them all day. Get home safe Guys.

jayboat 09-21-2011 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum (Post 3509206)
Not only did was i distracted all day at the office with my laptop running on the side desk, now ill be up checking in all night.
Im confident all is well, they were well prepared.

Someone put on a pot of coffee, it's gonna be a long night.

SpeedGirl 09-21-2011 09:04 PM

I'm bummed, Ive been checking in all day too :(

Get home safe!!

If anyone hears from them please post so we know they are okay