Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Watch Nick of Statement Marine,Attempt World Record - NYC to Bermuda 9/21/11 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262666-watch-nick-statement-marine-attempt-world-record-nyc-bermuda-9-21-11-a.html)

PARADOX 09-21-2011 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic (Post 3509286)
Looks like headed for home but doing the right thing considering conditions.

The previous post of having local boats/people watching for them.......w/help......., HUGE!

Fingers crossed.

The key to safe boating is to make decisions so you can boat another day. If there is a storm front of them?, it's good thing they heading for shore. The braking a record can wait.

akaboatman 09-21-2011 09:33 PM

Amen

BigSilverCat 09-21-2011 09:36 PM

if I was a betting person, i would imagine they got in some big water and had one of the spare fuel bladers bust and then decided to head back.. or went to transfer fuel and had a problem. There was alot of planning that went into the run so I would look to the temporary things that were installed being the problem.

Twin O/B Sonic 09-21-2011 09:39 PM

Or...

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3509308)
if I was a betting person, i would imagine they got in some big water and had one of the spare fuel bladers bust and then decided to head back.. or went to transfer fuel and had a problem. There was alot of planning that went into the run so I would look to the temporary things that were installed being the problem.

Appear to be under power and under way. All good!

Jpzaluski 09-21-2011 09:41 PM

BigSilverCat 09-21-2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic (Post 3509310)
hit something in the dark.
Appear to be under power and under way. All good!

its around 2000 feet deep where they are.

Twin O/B Sonic 09-21-2011 10:01 PM

maybe....

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3509328)
its around 2000 feet deep where they are.

floating......

Jpzaluski 09-21-2011 10:13 PM

Is it just me or are they bringing the damn mail?

Twin O/B Sonic 09-21-2011 10:35 PM

Just did the math from their last two GPS updates.
Combined they've done approx. 16 miles at an average of 20 mph.
The good is that if they are doing 20 mph's they are on plane and that is huge. May have thrown a prop blade, popped a drive (planes on one motor w/that much torque), as previously guessed they ruptured a fuel bladder etc, etc.
The great news is that they are under power (as of about 5 mins ago) and headed for home!
Remember, above is based on my math. They may be at Atlantic City drinking by now ;)

PARADOX 09-21-2011 10:41 PM

Let's not speculate for now, or if you want, speculate on a different thread and the best guess gets coozies. For now just keep an eye on them sort of speak and wish/hope for a safe return to shore. I'm sure a lot of finger nails are gone, so lets hope for the best.
Thx
P