Notices

nor-tech or outerlimits

Old 09-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boating37
Yes they are, I'm not saying I have the fastest boat, and I'm sure OL
with same power will be faster. But I drove a OL GTX and didn't
like the ride of a epoxy boat. But that is just me. Great looking just a harder and stiffer ride.
Go for a ride in a different one then let me know. The new generation bottoms and hulls are even more advanced than any of the older boats. Its a ride you have to experience and only one person has actually been in one that's posted here so far.......so what does that tell you???

Last edited by OL40SVX; 09-21-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 14 apache
He wants nothing but an outerlimits! Maybe he has never rode in anything else. Somebody with a outerlimits rode in my boat could not believe the water we went through.
Been in them all. The Apaches a great riding boat for an old school flat bottom boat. Technology has advanced pretty far in boat construction and hull design that there are just newer and better products out there. Not just Outerlimits.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Mac went from a cig to a ol an then back to a cig. Its all about the ride.
All the Cigarette guys we take for rides and then blow by later seem to be awfully impressed with the boats.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Go for a ride in a different one then let me know. The new generation bottoms and hulls are even more advanced than any of the older boats. Its a ride you have to experience and only one person has actually been in one that's posted here so far.......so what does that tell you???
Zack's old 44 was a nice boat!! Hope he enjoys his new NT!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with getting opinions but the best thing to do is get a ride on both, check out the fit and finish and the type of boat that works for you. The OL's are going to be faster, plain and simple but most of our clients don't have fastest V bottom speed as their number one priority.
Some people prefer ours and some theirs. Nice to have choices.

BTW, to the posters from Statement and Frisini.
Plugging your own stuff on a thread about other boat companies isn't cool.

Terry
Nor-Tech
Old 09-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Nothing wrong with getting opinions but the best thing to do is get a ride on both, check out the fit and finish and the type of boat that works for you. The OL's are going to be faster, plain and simple but most of our clients don't have fastest V bottom speed as their number one priority.
Some people prefer ours and some theirs. Nice to have choices.

BTW, to the posters from Statement and Frisini.
Plugging your own stuff on a thread about other boat companies isn't cool.

Terry
Nor-Tech
What else would you expect Terry.......great job on all the CC's!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Zack's old 44 was a nice boat!! Hope he enjoys his new NT!!!!
Yes it is and I'm sure he'll enjoy his CC.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at buying used, $250K or so. I would rather have a V bottom, for trailering purposes. I travel to different places alot. Thanks for the advice. Looks like I need to ride in both and make up my own mind.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bustin Chop
I'm looking at buying used, $250K or so. I would rather have a V bottom, for trailering purposes. I travel to different places alot. Thanks for the advice. Looks like I need to ride in both and make up my own mind.
You can buy alot of boat for 250k. If your serious I have a few boats here around that number that will run 120.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Im not sure what Dan has accomplished for the Outerlimits line, but I'd vote him in for salesmen of the year for sure! :
Personally - I wouldn't. I find the overboard posting about how great OL is to be a HUGE turn off.

Take a thread like this, 13 of the first 47 posts are from him cheering for OL and talking endlessly about their superiority, and in many cases demeaning other boats.

Compare this to Terry's approach where he put out one simple post that was appreciative of both his line of boats and others. Terry's actions come off much classier more appropriately represent of a top flight power boat manufacturer.

I am in the market for NEITHER of these boats but most likely will be at some point in my carreer. However, if I was shopping right now I would be much more enthusiastic about picking up the phone and calling Terry simply based on his approach on OSO.

Disclaimer - OL40SVX - I hope you take this a constructive feedback from an outsider looking in and not as an abrasive post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.