Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sold boat in less than 24 hours!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262806-sold-boat-less-than-24-hours.html)

US1 Fountain 09-23-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 3509909)
Not a day goes by where someone doesn't post one of those "is this a scam" posts....I like your sense of humor. ;)

Agreed.

Heck, it just amazes me that guys on here even have to ask if it's a scam. :picard1:

Sin_or_Swim 09-23-2011 01:17 PM

If the so called "agent" shows at your door step I would not say two words to him. Just kick his ass, I highly doubt he would take you to court for any damages.

FrisiniMotors 09-23-2011 02:00 PM

check

I let them send me the check, they wasted my time so I return the favor by making them spend the money to send me the check, plus its one less counterfeit check off the market.

:)

Keytime 09-23-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain (Post 3510645)
Heck, it just amazes me that guys on here even have to ask if it's a scam. :picard1:

+1

sunsation96 09-23-2011 02:30 PM

Got this one today: Question is this a scam:lolhit:

Hello,
Thank for the prompt response, I'm okay with the condition and price of the
2006 Sunsation MCOB.. I will have my secretary process and mail the payment of Money Order to cover the cost of purchase and the mover's fee will be included to enable pick up company to schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up of the item at your location after payment has been receive and cashed as am completely satisfied with it. I will need your details to mail the payment immediately....
1. Name to be on the Payment:
2. Address to mail payment to:
3. Cell number:
Please note United Parcel Service do not deliver to P.O Box and i will not be mailing payment to one, My mover will be coming over for the pick up right after the payment as been delivered and cashed.. Kindly delete the posting as am totally committed to buy this from you.
I look forward to hearing from you asap, Don't worry about the shipment the shipment will handled by my shipping agent. I am waiting for your swift response.
Thanks for your co-operation.
Regards
Scott

innerrage 09-23-2011 02:35 PM

I got the same one, and i dont even own a sunsation,

Carbon Footprint 09-23-2011 10:13 PM

I had a guy actually call me several times and discuss payment and him sending me a cashiers check, etc. etc...
I knew he was a scam all along but let him send me the 38K check anyway just for fun. It was actually drawn on US bank paper and looked fairly legit.......took it to my local Usbank and let them have it.......... it was of course bogus. I am amazed at the lengths these people go to. He was calling me from Norway and trying to arrange the sale blah blah blah...

Bottom Line, if it sounds too good to be true.............
And if they are not from the USA, 99/100 are scams.

Moparcrazy.com 09-25-2011 08:08 PM

I got the same one too