Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Magic vs. Nordic? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262834-magic-vs-nordic.html)

CrownHawg 09-23-2011 02:07 PM

If you want to know about Nordics, call Bob L @ FTM. He knows more about the Nordics than anyone I know. Plus he's right there around Travis.

Jay Gadsby 09-23-2011 03:42 PM

I am hoping to hear from Bob soon and get a little Nordic Heat meet together... Maybe a good time to come out and see. Mine is a closed bow, but Bob has an MCOB...

Sunsation0032 09-23-2011 11:55 PM

I looked into nordics, advantages, envision mid cabins open bows before i bought my sunsation. 3 things sold me on the sunny. 1. Its the only one that the cabin carpet snaps out & floor is gelcoated. 2. Cabin doors to close up for overnite camping. 3. One email to Joe & i was invited for a factory tour, he spent about 2 hours with us showing how they build them. The wife loves laying out on the cabin cushions too, wont be selling mine until i can afford a 36 mcob sunny

Catmando 09-24-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3510300)
One big difference is that Magics aren't built any more.

Yes they are;

http://www.magicpowerboats.com/

Uncle Dave 09-24-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sunsation0032 (Post 3511012)
I looked into nordics, advantages, envision mid cabins open bows before i bought my sunsation. 3 things sold me on the sunny. 1. Its the only one that the cabin carpet snaps out & floor is gelcoated. 2. Cabin doors to close up for overnite camping. 3. One email to Joe & i was invited for a factory tour, he spent about 2 hours with us showing how they build them. The wife loves laying out on the cabin cushions too, wont be selling mine until i can afford a 36 mcob sunny

Just as a point of comparison-

The Lavey has snap in and out carpet as well as a gelcoated floor a belly tank and Vac bagged construction.

Cabin doors front and back that close

Its also a true 24 degree v and a proven offshore race hull with a winning history- as far as rough water goes its the champ.

You'll get an enthusiastic factory tour from Jeff as well.

Captain- its your money and I urge you to take a look closely at the offerings in this area.

Uncle Dave

Sunsation0032 09-24-2011 06:41 PM

Never knew lavey had open bows, but will check themout. Another option then

DaBank 09-24-2011 08:56 PM

Nordic over Magic all day, Advantage over Nordic, and Lavey over Advantage.......I have owned all 4. I also have my Advantage for sale right now. Frank

sport 09-25-2011 01:23 PM

The newer Nordics have a fiber glass floor with snap in carpet a 75 gal. belly and an elect. cabin door

Quent 09-25-2011 04:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I went to Phoenix in '04 and looked at Kachina, drove from there to Lake Havasu and looked at Magic and Advantage. I bought the Advantage, kept it for 2 years did more research and bought a Lavey. I am on my 3rd Lavey and at age 63 I hope my last. However, you never know.

Build quality-wise there are 2 or 3 companies close but no one better than Lavey. I have had their 2005 27 cat with a 565 Whipple, the 2007 24 with a 710 Ilmor and now a 2010 2750 bowrider with a just now being built 555 with a 4.0 Whipple. As Uncle Dave has noted, take a look at Lavey. Best of luck. Quent

Captain YARRR 09-26-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by DaBank (Post 3511485)
Nordic over Magic all day, Advantage over Nordic, and Lavey over Advantage.......I have owned all 4. I also have my Advantage for sale right now. Frank

I do like Lavey's boats, the problem is that there just are not many of them on the market. I imagine that could be a good sign! But does not help me LOL

Can you elaborate on why you like one over the other more? I'm trying to get some solid differences other than just preferences. I know styling can push people different directions, but I'd love to know if a certain hull is super inefficient etc.