Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits sets new record (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262933-outerlimits-sets-new-record.html)

Marginmn 09-29-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3515696)
Pioneered vs Founded

We meant he was one of the early pioneers of the race, one of the early entrants, participants.

Founders would have been, the Billy and Charlie within the boat dealers community back in the 50's.

Confusing use of words, but Mikey from Finland proofed it for us!!!

Never get it a ground war in SE Asia, and never get into an argument with T2x. This is basic stuff yet people keep repeating these mistakes. :angry-smiley-038:

caseyh 09-29-2011 12:20 PM

Love outerlimits and would like to own one. But wonder how the epoxy will look in years to come after it takes a beating from the sun a few years of age

SS930 09-29-2011 12:32 PM

The epoxy is covered. If it were raw epoxy exposed to high concentrations of UV I would be concerned, but as long as the epoxy has a barrier (paint, clear-coat, cover, even wax to a certain extent), there wont be a problem. Those boats will be around for a long, long time!

T2x 09-29-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 3515705)
Never get it a ground war in SE Asia, and never get into an argument with T2x. This is basic stuff yet people keep repeating these mistakes. :angry-smiley-038:

My point exactly......... :p

Top Banana 09-29-2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3515726)
My point exactly......... :p

OK.....we surrender, don't send the Oklahoma National Guard to invade Finland.

Changing the direction of this high leaning thread.....T2...what do you think of the three race concept...April - California / Sept - NY and November - Fla??

Enough time between dates so everyone has a shot at preparation of the boats, without the added pressure of a time schedule every couple of weeks.

Sorry, if you covered this in your diatribe back there tha GLH posted.

AIR TIME 09-29-2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN (Post 3515628)
Has to be close to 50 entrants IMO for a need to split up the field even to 2 classes...

Who needs 10 classes with 5 participants and 3 gets a prize per class....people would get bored stiff at the prize ceremony.

Hello mick fly!!!! Billy and Charlie had 5 classes this year, where are you getting 10 from. nice and simple [class C boats 25 to 32ft single i/b or twin ob, hell add twin i/b. ] that I would run in my 28 single. but not against a 43 OL thats nuts. and trophies would be nice not the 6ft tall ones just a nice 2 footer. since its going to cost about 3grand to run the race, and thats not adding a $1500 gas tank or $2500 fuel bladder. I know over on the other side of the pond you have only 2 classes in P1 and 1 in class1, but guys don't show up in a 24 ,28, 32ft cat to run against the multi millionaire owner drivers of the 47 to 50 cats. oh and the parties over there goodie bags they hand out before the races and trophies after the races are real small :rolleyes:.you want 2 classes go watch p1. you need classes over here to fit race teams budgets where not all rich here in our sport. I hope the classes stay and more guys run next year, I need to send my lifelines back to be redone there out dated and need new skins theres more coin right there. congrats to OL for a great boat, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in:eek::eek:.

T2x 09-29-2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3515772)

Changing the direction of this high leaning thread.....T2...what do you think of the three race concept...April - California / Sept - NY and November - Fla??

Enough time between dates so everyone has a shot at preparation of the boats, without the added pressure of a time schedule every couple of weeks.

Sorry, if you covered this in your diatribe back there tha GLH posted.

I think I was misquoted by GLH (who rewrites the NY Times every Sunday morning apparently).......

Since you asked some very good questions, my response will be in my next Speedonthewater.com article........

(Shameless Plug)

T2x

MikeyFIN 09-29-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 3515851)
Hello mick fly!!!! Billy and Charlie had 5 classes this year, where are you getting 10 from. nice and simple [class C boats 25 to 32ft single i/b or twin ob, hell add twin i/b. ] that I would run in my 28 single. but not against a 43 OL thats nuts. and trophies would be nice not the 6ft tall ones just a nice 2 footer. since its going to cost about 3grand to run the race, and thats not adding a $1500 gas tank or $2500 fuel bladder. I know over on the other side of the pond you have only 2 classes in P1 and 1 in class1, but guys don't show up in a 24 ,28, 32ft cat to run against the multi millionaire owner drivers of the 47 to 50 cats. oh and the parties over there goodie bags they hand out before the races and trophies after the races are real small :rolleyes:.you want 2 classes go watch p1. you need classes over here to fit race teams budgets where not all rich here in our sport. I hope the classes stay and more guys run next year, I need to send my lifelines back to be redone there out dated and need new skins theres more coin right there. congrats to OL for a great boat, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in:eek::eek:.

Regarding classes I just took a low blow on 2fastech...and some organizations in the process in general :evilb:
Yes the Classes are ok on this one. Just need more racers to show up.
Actually overhere we have several classes.. the UIM have a lot of different small classes. Then there' s the Marasthon Races and those you mentioned plus all the National classes.
I have lost count on them all.... :coolcowboy:

Regarding goodiebags and such it's the same allover.I don't race for money and fame ..just for the fun of it the fame and such is a bonus if it happens.

MikeyFIN 09-29-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3515772)

Ouch, That was a low blow at Rich ;)
Then on the other hand.. OK Natl Guard is almost enough targets for 1-2 vets of ours.. which as we speak are close to 90 as we speak.:drink:

If we'd be swedes we'd be in deep Sh*t... :bigbird:
Bytheway the Thinnest book known is The Swedish War heroes of the Swedish Armed forces... Mange no pun intended I know you're following :grinser010:

MikeyFIN 09-29-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 3515851)
, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in:eek::eek:.

I hear ya..there ain' t no cure for Racingfever....
And reading about these true offshore races ain't helping any...
Still I'm glad they are happening again!!!