Old 09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's the Happy victors
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits sets new record-win.jpg  
Old 09-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You should lighten up a little. This is boating and it''s suppose to be fun. I had a good time just watching it on the internet and thought it was amazing to be able to track what they where doing.

All you guys that showed up, congratulations! There's no better reward than knowing you showed up, tried and had a good time doing it.

Nice to see an actual 'race' with all different size and types of boats not going around in a circle!

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
To clear a few things up
1. For anyone who has ever used Kattack its not very accurate
2. The speeds were indicated in knots not mph as stated before
3. I was on the phone with Charlie McCarthy throughout the day with updates and got a message right as they crossed the line and broke the record.
4. You cant cheat agaist a clock
5. Why would you ever go by post times on OSO for anything
6. Charlie and Billy had a clock on them the whole race and they beat the record by 90 seconds
7. The only other boat that finished was the Fountain CC
8. What JC posted was correct as I talked to both Joes right after the race.
9. The Outerlimits SV43 IS the new record holder for the round Long Island race. Again congrats to the Joe and Joe for running an awesome race.
10. Billy will have the official times and a write up coming out very soon.
11. Justin, when is Pat coming to pick his new car up cause you loose!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
You should lighten up a little. This is boating and it''s suppose to be fun. I had a good time just watching it on the internet and thought it was amazing to be able to track what they where doing.

All you guys that showed up, congratulations! There's no better reward than knowing you showed up, tried and had a good time doing it.

Nice to see an actual 'race' with all different size and types of boats not going around in a circle!
agreed. i had a great time watching the live feed. wish it were a little more accurate tho. im eating my words. ill be the first to admit i was wrong. big congratulations to the winners, organization, and participants. hope everyone made it back home safe!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
First.....Exactly....if you saw the numbers on the screen and thought they were miles per hour, you are wrong the numbers were in knots.

Second....I was on the start boat and the green flag was thrown at 9:40AM Delay was due to some boats still topping off their tanks past the official start time.

Third....I was on the boat at the finish line and saw the checker being thrown. Time was compared to the official start time that was noted at the start of the race and YES...they officially broke the existing record for any boat cat or vee Around Long Island.

Congrats to the Outerlimits crew Joe and Joe and to the Fountain crew, who broke the outboard record that stood before today.

Thanks to all for the support both on the site here and those who actually showed up and raced.
thanks for the clarification. congrats on a great event!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Just talked to Billy and the official time was 3 hours and 5 minutes.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Just talked to Billy and the official time was 3 hours and 5 minutes.
cool. what is OL doing for the winners
Old 09-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Here is the actual e-mail from the past holder of the record, Stu Hayim.

Guy, please print and hand this to Joe and Joe should I not be able to personally congratulate you, I will use e-mail

On a warm August Sunday,(I believe 8-6-89) 22 years ago and after 3 of my own failed attempts, another "Joe" (Imprescia) and Alex and I succeeded on breaking Fred Kiekhaefer's 1968 record around L I.

I never imagined we would be fortunate enough to lose the record to 2 GREAT guys, so on behalf of all 3 of us, CONGRATULATIONS on a huge victory and a job WELL done! You are now the proud owner of my friend Don Aronow's record
Stuart Hayim 9-25-11

PS, Stu drove like a crazy man and was able to meet the winning boat and congratulate these racers who broke his record. Real racers showing respect to other real racers.

The last two years, the attrition rate has stayed the same 2/3rds of the fleet fails to finish. This is and always has been a tough race.

Last edited by Top Banana; 09-25-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Got some pictures and footage from the event...will try to post when I can somehow get them re-sized...
Old 09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered

Guy, please print and hand this to Joe and Joe should I not be able to personally congratulate you, I will use e-mail

On a warm August Sunday,(I believe 8-6-89) 22 years ago and after 3 of my own failed attempts, another "Joe" (Imprescia) and Alex and I succeeded on breaking Fred Kiekhaefer's 1968 record around L I.

I never imagined we would be fortunate enough to lose the record to 2 GREAT guys, so on behalf of all 3 of us, CONGRATULATIONS on a huge victory and a job WELL done! You are now the proud owner of my friend Don Aronow's record
Stuart Hayim 9-25-11

PS, Stu drove like a crazy man and was able to meet the winning boat and congratulate these racers who broke his record. Real racers showing respect to other real racers.

The last two years, the attrition rate has stayed the same 2/3rds of the fleet fails to finish. This is and always has been a tough race.
awesome post...
Old 09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stuart Hayim 9-25-11

very classy Stu!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.