Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   family & Performance Boating Magazine ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26295-family-performance-boating-magazine.html)

wkosikov 06-13-2002 06:53 PM

Hi All,

Warren here, Editor of Family & Performance Boating Magazine. I am a regular reader of OSO, but have been reluctant to post when it comes to threads about the magazine. Truth is, I used to be excited when people were discussing the magazine, but now I cringe when I see a posting about F&PB. The reason for this is that the thread often just contains misinformation. Coming on every time this happens is poor use of time and would frankly sound whiney. On the other hand I truly value the opinions of the people on the board and met many of you at the OSO party at the Miami Boat Show.

I've said this before but in regard to the subscription "problem", after much time and research it turns out that 90% of the people that said they subscribed and didn't recieve their magazine, never PAID for the magazine. Those people didn't however come back on the board and admit that. It is standard for a magazine to take 8 weeks to be delivered after the subscription is entered. And it can take longer if you subscribe during our bi-monthly cycle since we only publish every other month during that time.

And to some specific inquiries:

Canada Jeff- The issue you are speaking of has about 18 pages of coverage dedicate to Skater, Fountain, and Cigarette, compared to 5 pages of west coast boat coverage. You have nothing to worry about. And thanks for the positive comments.

Cuda- Every boat showcased was a cat- we call it a theme issue. If Hot Boat is a better magazine for your interests that is great. Hot Boat does an excellent job. Thats why they have chocolate and vanilla. But some people like a double scoop, one of each.

Welby- Buckaroo Communications publishes 7 magazines. The other six are automotive titles. Our company has an excellent reputation for delivering quality publications. Our goal is to get the magazine into as many people hands as possible. Taking money and not delivering product is stealing. We are not about stealing from the very people we are trying to serve. My comments above will explain why people don't get the magazine.

cbudge and obnoxus- call or email debbie wheeler or myself at [email protected]

marie- Thanks for the continued support- I think the cover looks great and I enjoyed doing the story and spending time with you and Jim

Thanks for putting up with the long post-

warren

cuda 06-13-2002 07:06 PM

I don't mind chocolate and vanilla, but I don't like all the chocolate in one scoop (issue):)

bajadude 06-13-2002 07:11 PM

I think its a great magazine, had one problem with delivery in the beginning, but everything seems to be fine now.:)

birdog 06-13-2002 07:25 PM

Well.........I subscribed about 3 weeks ago {And I PAID!} Cant wait to start getting it....Sounds like a great Mag!!!!!!1

Steamin Rice 06-13-2002 07:29 PM

Originally posted by wkosikov

I've said this before but in regard to the subscription "problem", after much time and research it turns out that 90% of the people that said they subscribed and didn't recieve their magazine, never PAID for the magazine

You mean the subscriptions aren't free?? :D :D

Good magazine...I don't subscribe but I buy it if I see it in the stores....I think I've seen three issues or so but I always check for it when I'm at the bookstore...

wkosikov 06-13-2002 07:35 PM

Cuda-

Point well taken- themed issues often do well at the newsstand but you always take the risk of alienating those not interested in that subject- thanks for the input-

Warren

cuda 06-13-2002 09:25 PM

Thanks, I am just happy someone from the magazine is taking note of what we like or don't like. I usually find a couple articles that pique my interest every issue. Thanks for listening.

Padraig 06-13-2002 09:51 PM

Good magazine andI have had no problems with my subscription.

H2Xmark 06-13-2002 11:08 PM

they have great tech. articles, I have received there magazine for two years now, its one of my favorites:D

Reckless32 06-14-2002 02:38 AM

The first subscription I took out last year I think I only got maybe three issues.... I simply chalked it up as struggling to get going and blew it off, because I truly loved the three I got. This years subscription was supposed to take "8" weekes to start but started at maybe three and has been rock solid since. I STILL believe it's an excellent "real-time" user mag with super tech articles and remains worthy enough for me to be patient with, because thus far the price has been worth what I've already gotten...

Rick