Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would Don Aronow do today? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262994-what-would-don-aronow-do-today.html)

1MOSES1 09-26-2011 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 3512916)
You know cosker is from meriden??? He had just gotten out of marine design school, was looking for a job as a youngster and Chris from OP told him to get lost haha

wow didn't know that. where did he go to marine school?

PARADOX 09-26-2011 07:59 PM

Statement boats probably has the newest concept in boating.
I would like to see a cat and a "V" combo. I masked with the design a bit, just can't get anything that would actually work.
So... where is Don when you need him? lol

AIR TIME 09-26-2011 08:12 PM

skater for cats and ol for deep vees, I think mystic needs to work on there bottoms, theres been what 4 hulls with bottoms breaking apart in offshore racing out of what 6 to 8 boats built. there great in flat water for speed records but thats it. Skaters are just bad azz and have all kinds of records, Don would fit in the Skater mold more than a mystic. but thats just my opinion:evilb:

JP-8 09-26-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3512822)
...who else is making their boats to be the leaders in the current market, either in design or the ability to really run in the open ocean??

Magnum Marine by far. Katrin Theodoli has done a remarkable job in maintaining the company's direction over the years.

Their designs have always been the pinnacle of excellence. They do their own thing, and the result is a truly unique end product of uncompromising quality.

I maintain that of all the companies Don started, Magnum is really the only one that has held it together the best.

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 3512866)
i personally do not think the new cigarettes are any better than a lot of the other stuff out there today, but i do think they command the money because of the name. the rigging, performance, construction, etc., is not that much, if any better than most of their competition. its like a rolex, not the best time keeping piece, but the name is world renowned so people buy it.

I agree completely. Cigarette has become the Harley-Davidson of offshore powerboats. The brand has a lot of potential, but they are, by and large, following the crowd when it comes to design.

phragle 09-26-2011 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 3512935)
Statement boats probably has the newest concept in boating.
I would like to see a cat and a "V" combo. I masked with the design a bit, just can't get anything that would actually work.
So... where is Don when you need him? lol

he cut a vee in half and made a cat....... thats about as close as your going to come to a combo meal.... :party-smiley-004:

wanab 09-27-2011 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2 (Post 3512896)
I think mystic makes the best hull in the world. Do they count?

not unless they can prove it.

MikeyFIN 09-27-2011 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3512653)
Dear Mr. know it all,
Yes, we all know step hulls have exisited for a long time. I glad to hear there is a step bottom torpedo boat in Finland. What do any of your replies have to do with the original question ?

Look at my post earlier. If you still have problems understanding I can't help you.

MikeyFIN 09-27-2011 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3512822)

Now who would be considered a close second.......who else is making their boats to be the leaders in the current market, either in design or the ability to really run in the open ocean??

If you can call him a second to anyone... Fabio Buzzi.

MikeyFIN 09-27-2011 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE (Post 3512602)
By now he would have started, sold and resold 196 boat companies!

Brownie good you replied, with a twist ;)
But the Question is if Don were taken from the 60's to today, how would've he done it nowadays?

And what would've you done today to beat him in the market and racing , lets not get into women ??

1MOSES1 09-27-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by wanab (Post 3513155)
not unless they can prove it.

I guess capturing the 2010 and 2011 LOTO shootout title is insignificant?