Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would Don Aronow do today? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262994-what-would-don-aronow-do-today.html)

scarab63 09-27-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3513579)
LOL.....I took what the man said to take. The beam was already built into the molds, I had no say.....but it has been proven to be the right choice.

Yes, I suppose you cant argue with him.
It says his 24s were less than 7`

Did he lay out any 24 x 8 in hopes of more offshore stability?

Or were you his 24 x 8 guinea pig? And I ask that with no malice.
Just curious if it was a tested design or luck of the draw?
Either way it works!!

Mike D

Top Banana 09-27-2011 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by scarab63 (Post 3513607)
Yes, I suppose you cant argue with him.
It says his 24s were less than 7`

Did he lay out any 24 x 8 in hopes of more offshore stability?

Or were you his 24 x 8 guinea pig? And I ask that with no malice.
Just curious if it was a tested design or luck of the draw?
Either way it works!!

Mike D

No mike the 24 was 7.... but the "Aronow Banana Boats" were 28 with a 6 and 1/2 beam....they were very scary.

MikeyFIN 09-27-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3513385)
Michael Aronow gave a great interview at the race, where he listed the boat companies that Don started and he also mentioned that there were a lot of companies that Don was also a silent partner in, Cary for instance.

Apache?

78CIG24 09-27-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3513622)
No mike the 24 was 7.... but the "Aronow Banana Boats" were 28 with a 6 and 1/2 beam....they were very scary.

Hi Charlie,

Congrats on this past weekend, GREAT JOB by you , Billy and ALL the participants and crew! THANKS!!

Concerning the Cig 24s, weren't the "Firefox" (mid 80s) 7" ??..and the Model "24" of the 70s (and first year or so of the 80s) actually 7'10" ??

Thanks again,

Dave

scarab63 09-27-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3513622)

Very cool, thanks.

I too like a couple others have already said think he'd be into diesel power.
Hell with innovation in the past decade you can very easily achive 5 to 600 hp from mfg pickup truck with very minor mods. This could easily equate to reliable more efficient perf boats that still get up and go.

Is this thread marketing research for the next era banana?:grinser010:

Mike

wanab 09-27-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2 (Post 3513172)
I guess capturing the 2010 and 2011 LOTO shootout title is insignificant?

of course its significant. does it prove they are a great boat?

im not sure. anything will go fast enough with enough HP.

as for what it proved, they will go fast in a straight line. if your kind of boating is to go as fast as humanly possible in a straight line then maybe they are the boat for you.

if they enter a boat in the LIM and prove themself then they would be a great boat.

THEJOKER 09-27-2011 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Todesca (Post 3513497)
I think Don would have showcased and raced his newest design and then today would have began marketing his product to fund the next adventure. Joker power boats would be the company I picked becouse racing is the test ground and seems like they are doing well at it. Jo

+1

Top Banana 09-28-2011 07:39 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the great feedback. Michael was saying that his dad always used the same "Formula" with his boat companies.

He would find the very best minds and hands in the industry and bring them together, into one focused project. Usually it was the design and build of the best offshore race boat of it's day.

Next he would race it in the toughest offshore races in the world.....and usually win.

Next step, would be to bring it to the public. To actually make available to everyone, what only the best racers in the world could get before.

As we all know, the public appreciated it and bought those boats by the dozens. The nice thing about Don's boats, most of them anyway, is they were then and still are, revered today.

MikeyFIN 09-28-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by scarab63 (Post 3513683)
Very cool, thanks.

I too like a couple others have already said think he'd be into diesel power.

Is this thread marketing research for the next era banana?:grinser010:

Mike

Hahaaa.. you said it....

Bananas 41 with steps hmmm Charlie sr and Jr... seems you're aiming for something ;)

MikeyFIN 09-28-2011 08:05 AM

Now Charlie this must be a Cig 39 Squadron..aka Squadron XII 12m?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...013-small-.jpg