What would Don Aronow do today? >

What would Don Aronow do today?

Notices

What would Don Aronow do today?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
My guess is find a field where he can be financially successful adjusted for these days and times and then...

Do whatever he wanted like it seemed he did back then...

Well in these times he'd never look into horses that's for sure either....
Old 09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Great responses, thanks. What do you think would be the closest example of what Don would be doing today.......????

Cigarette, Fountain, MTI, Magnum, or any other boat co out there......or...as we noted the winner of the open ocean race yesterday was a 43 foot Outerlimits....is this closest to what you could see him doing??
Attached Thumbnails What would Don Aronow do today?-don-aronow-around-long-island-2011.jpg  
Old 09-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
He'd definitely been into step bottomed boats,, hell they were around in WW2 on Torpedo and PT boats already so nothing new to him there.
FYI Less than 2 miles from me we have a step bottomed Torpedo boat on display...
Dear Mr. know it all,
Yes, we all know step hulls have exisited for a long time. I glad to hear there is a step bottom torpedo boat in Finland. What do any of your replies have to do with the original question ?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Great responses, thanks. What do you think would be the closest example of what Don would be doing today.......????

Cigarette, Fountain, MTI, Magnum, or any other boat co out there......or...as we noted the winner of the open ocean race yesterday was a 43 foot Outerlimits....is this closest to what you could see him doing??
That boat is gorgeous. Like Don was in his day, Outerlimits is ahead of their time today.........
Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
That boat is gorgeous. Like Don was in his day, Outerlimits is ahead of their time today.........
Okay, we have established Outerlimits as being the company that comes closest to what Don would be doing today. Plus they don't hesitate to test their products in real ocean conditions.

And Mike Fiore is himself a real racer, who knows how to test his products and make the changes, like Don did.

Now who would be considered a close second.......who else is making their boats to be the leaders in the current market, either in design or the ability to really run in the open ocean??
Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 281 Likes on 135 Posts

i personally do not think the new cigarettes are any better than a lot of the other stuff out there today, but i do think they command the money because of the name. the rigging, performance, construction, etc., is not that much, if any better than most of their competition. its like a rolex, not the best time keeping piece, but the name is world renowned so people buy it.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

I think mystic makes the best hull in the world. Do they count?
Old 09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 281 Likes on 135 Posts

You know cosker is from meriden??? He had just gotten out of marine design school, was looking for a job as a youngster and Chris from OP told him to get lost haha
Old 09-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
By now he would have started, sold and resold 196 boat companies!
thats the 1st thought I had on the Q. Brownie great job on the SM gen 2s and 3s , they last forever!!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

old school JO PANTERA RACING they been around a very long time and still building awesome boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.