How DESTRUCTIVE is the MANATEE? >

How DESTRUCTIVE is the MANATEE?

Notices

How DESTRUCTIVE is the MANATEE?

Old 06-11-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good job Dean,
As a waterfront resident, avid boater and boat manufacturer I am horrified by what this group is doing to all of us. Although we certainly enjoy seeing mantees, there needs to be a concerted effort to balance the interests for the good of all. Lets face it if a manatee wasn't big, dumb and cute, would anyone care this much? Maybe I'll start The Save the Cockroach Club... millions are needlessly killed everyday by careless and insensitive humans. Please forward your donations today!
Terry
Old 06-11-2002, 03:39 PM
hughandlinda

Red face

yea we need no wake zones to protect marinas and slow speed zones where traffic is high or nav critical, but most of our boats produce more wake at 1200rpm than at 5000 and we draw alot more h20 too. lets relocate all manatee to camp xray in Cuba, the boats down there don't go fast anyway(mostly rafts)

Old 06-11-2002, 03:42 PM
hughandlinda

terry, hows your 43 running? speed, etc

Old 06-11-2002, 04:47 PM
Registered

Hey Hugh and Linda,
Thanks for asking. My 43 is running... all the way to Canada. I sold it and it leaves next week. So I am at the back of the line and starting another one. Should have it done for the FT. Lauderdale show and then poker run to KW. I know I'm a little prejudice but the thing rode and handled better than any deep V I've ever ridden in. There will be a test article in the Aug. Boating Magazine by Eric Colby. Unless he was blowing smoke,he seemed very impressed. Anyway this is a manatee thread so I'll close with that. Hope to see you guys soon.
TS
Old 06-11-2002, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dean Ferry, call me with a fax number as I have an article for you regarding the OMB role in these disputes. Jim Von Wolske 512 657 1104
Old 06-12-2002, 07:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Von Wolske,
I'll call you this morning with the Fax #, thanks for your support! BTW, I can't remember what the OMB is?
Saleamanship,
Nice ride, I've never ridden on a BT 43, (I'm guessing that is what you had/just ordered!) but I hear they are a real wave crusher!! Gotta love all the headroom in the cabin too! Don't worry about chatting about such a nice boat on this MANATEE thread, it's all about boating, right? And the whole Manatee issue is about ANTI-BOATING, SMC keeping their jobs, and COASTAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT!! They could care less about the Manatee!!
MD
Old 06-12-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

Hi Dean,
We're talking Nor-Tech here. I'm the sales and marketing dude.
Ironically though I was the B. T. guy for seven years until '99. If you ever get a chance, come on over to Cape Coral FL and I'll show you what Nor-Tech's all about. BTW that invitation is open to all.
Interesting note: I had 6 FFWC guys in my 43' a couple of months ago. We ran down the Caloosahatchee at 95 MPH (of course obeying all rules) and they thought that was the coolest thing they had ever ridden in. They all seemed to think the manatee thing is out of wack also. So they're not all bad.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Sales,
Oops, sorry about my erroneuos assumption. Nor-Tech builds a great boat, from what I've heard and read. I have never ridden in one, and if I ever make it over to Cape Coral, I would love a tour of the Nor-Tech factory and go for a ride!
And I too, have experinced the same attitude from the FFWCC patrol officers, they would rather be chasing poachers, and other REAL bad guys, than sitting a MANATEE zones looking for someone doing 8 MPH, instead of 5 MPH! I have never had a problem with a FFWCC officer and even had one write me a WARNING, (Instead of the ticket) for a Manatee Zone infraction I didn't know about, (It was a new Manatee Zone). It's their bosses, (FFWCC Commissioners) who are in bed with the SMC!!! It seems to be a mutual benefit relationship between the FFWCC Comm.s and the SMC. In fact, I beleive the last two FFWCC commissioners that have retired from the FFWCC, went to work for the SMC!! How's that for buying your way into Fl. State Gov't!
MD
Old 06-12-2002, 02:33 PM
supercrash

Isn't going after the manatee poo a bit crazy...?... ....The planet is 2/3rds water and 3000 manatee take # 2 there...There vare 6 BILLION humans and we all take a poo on our 1/3rd of the planet...Every living thing needs to live off of something...therefore something always get hurt in the process...Your point can be used against any living animal..

Next thing you will be after is my goat....
Attached Thumbnails How DESTRUCTIVE is the MANATEE?-boat-goat-009.jpg  

Old 06-12-2002, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the illustration...

Quick Reply: How DESTRUCTIVE is the MANATEE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.