Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mid '80's to early 90's fountain...? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/263189-mid-80s-early-90s-fountain.html)

Broke Pilot 09-28-2011 11:21 PM

Mid '80's to early 90's fountain...?

Howdy everyone, I've been trolling around on this site for some time, and finally became a member. Like my name says, I'm a broke a$$ pilot lol, with expensive taste in toys. However being broke means I usually have to build them... I come from a restoration background, my family restores muscle cars and rebuild experimental airplanes (homebuilts).
Anyway, I'm lookin for a late 80's fountain somewhere in the 29' to 35' range to restore. I want something with a sound hull but nit much else. I wanna build the engines and so on... I guess my question is where would I look for a boat like that? Everything I'm finding on here and powerboat listings is a little more 'complete' lol, than I'm looking for... Ay help is greatly appreciated!!!

Griff 09-29-2011 01:52 AM

You will have 5 times the money in the boat when you are done than what its worth. Better off to buy a complete boat that needs some TLC.

Broke Pilot 09-29-2011 02:10 AM

Only 5 times?!?!? That's great compared to muscle cars and airplanes lol! I'm not doing this to save money, I have to have a project or I go a little more insane... I like the nostalgia of the 80's fountain, something I cant explain. Just always been a dream project of mine, never restored a whole boat.

Biggus 09-29-2011 04:25 AM

There was a late 80's 10 Meter (33') Fountain hull in Boston for very short $$ I think it was 2500. If interested, I'll check on it.

Kurt

TexomaPowerboater 09-29-2011 10:29 AM

search craigslist

Search yahoo using "fountain boat site:craigslist.org project"

Post up on the wanted section of all boat forums. Drug seizure websites would also be a good place.

JETTDOGG 09-29-2011 10:55 AM

Its Not A Fountain - But On Ebay -item#130571800418
Is A 89 Formula 292 For $7500 Fresh Bravo Drives,tabs... Hes Asking For Them But Sounds Like He's Going To Toss The Hull -the Guy Told Me It Has Hull Damage From Someone Backing An Outrive Into It While In Storage......i Havent Seen Pics Yet But I'll Forward Them If He Sends Them To Me.
Cant Imagine A Out Drive Could Mortally Wound A Formula

Broke Pilot 09-30-2011 01:42 AM

No thanks on the formula, I refuse to do fiberglass that's structural in any way... Too many corvette nightmares w ith my dad. Thanks for all the help guys. I'll look into some drug seizure boats. (if i can figure out where to start lol). I found a member on here with a 35' last nigh that needs engines... I may look into that. Thanks again!!

T-RAV 09-30-2011 06:09 AM

Try allofcraigs.com. Searchs craigslist nationwide real simple to use, found my boat using it. Good luck.

bcfountain 09-30-2011 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Broke Pilot (Post 3515252)
Howdy everyone, I've been trolling around on this site for some time, and finally became a member. Like my name says, I'm a broke a$$ pilot lol, with expensive taste in toys. However being broke means I usually have to build them... I come from a restoration background, my family restores muscle cars and rebuild experimental airplanes (homebuilts).
Anyway, I'm lookin for a late 80's fountain somewhere in the 29' to 35' range to restore. I want something with a sound hull but nit much else. I wanna build the engines and so on... I guess my question is where would I look for a boat like that? Everything I'm finding on here and powerboat listings is a little more 'complete' lol, than I'm looking for... Ay help is greatly appreciated!!!

what kind of coin you looking to spend?

TeamSaris 09-30-2011 09:10 AM

Those old fountains are really nice boats, good luck!