Notices

Beaching Your Boat????

Old 10-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are out on Havasu just about every week year round and we beach on the sand every day. I do have a Keel Guard and they are worth every penny. I do push my boat off, I don't drive off so not to suck up sand.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Registered

My only boating option unless we drive 3 hours every time is the Missouri river and there is no anchoring here. I beach it probably 4 or 5 times a weekend with no issues but we do replace our pump every other year weather we beach or not and the bottom of the boat gets buffed whenever it looks shabby which is not often. Bottom line is that I use it the best that I can for the conditions that we have available to us and enjoy every minute that we have it. What some of the guys do is not ram it into the sand but gently land and anchor to keep it from running away.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

We run the river too, and beach on sandbars all the time, I do have a keel guard on this boat, again they are worth the price, but I'm sure some people would think they are ugly too. I have seen in a boating catalog a rubber mat with cords on the corners that you throw out and pull under the keel as you land.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinlow
Just buy a boat it's not perfect and already scuffed At a discounted price then you don't have to worry about it so much and you can beach it and just have fun
Old 10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
My girlfriend's footprints (now wife) are still on the ultra-leather ceiling on the Formula. Long weekend so it's hard to remember how her feet got up there.
Some of you people just don't give a $hit. I wish I had money to just piss away on a beautiful boat and not care about wet sanding the bottom, stains on the upholstery and hell prints in the ceiling!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered

I have always beached my boats. I get them to enjoy. If I stree over every little thing that could happen how much would I be enjoying it?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by florida gator
I have always beached my boats. I get them to enjoy. If I stree over every little thing that could happen how much would I be enjoying it?
Agree, sand actually does very little damage to the gel coat. At least here in FL... otherwise what are you gonna do, anchor your boat in the inlets and swim to the beaches where every goes lol? Lifes to short to be anal and worry about such a minor thing, you get more dings from a trailer then sand damage will ever do. Provided you avoid rocks etc while beaching.

You can always get keel guards, it's not that expensive, what is it now like 100 bucks or so for every 6-7ft? So even if it totals over 1k, still worth the peace of mind if your worried about it. if you can afford a 6 fig boat or really any decent boat, you can easily afford to do your bottom with keel guards.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 10-04-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Registered

I was afraid to beach my boat at first, but I wouldnt be enjoying it as much if I didnt. Especially now that I can pull up on the soft white sand here in the Panhandle!

I want to hear from the guy that wont keep his boat in the water overnight because the wax on the bottom will come off, haha.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

I have never beached mine, but I am planning too this weekend in Havasu. If anyone has any tips please share I am not too proud to get some advice...I have a Nordic Heat...
Old 10-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Registered

You only need to protect the first 6-7' of boat if you are only worried about beaching. If you need more than that you’re already in trouble and need more like a shovel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.