Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
If you had $150,000 to spend on a boat..... >

If you had $150,000 to spend on a boat.....

Notices

If you had $150,000 to spend on a boat.....

Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blume
To add used 6's and transmissions and new tail pipes and have it re-rigged and have the transom glassed and recut would be around 100k. Add that to your 150k and get one with it already done.
Originally Posted by verbi69
A better idea would be to bolt on a set of Arneson surface drives and sell the Bravos.
This bolt on would net you 10 mph easy!
Originally Posted by Orthobam
How much (approximately) would it be to upgrade to #6 drives?

Are the bravo drives that come out worth anything resale?
Blume and Verbi both have good points. If you want #6's, get a boat with the drives. There is the alternative of Arneson ASD7M's. If you have a set of XR's with steering, boxes ect. there is money to be had to keep expenses down. What ever you do, you won't regret getting surface drives. #6's or Arneson's are both great options and in a completely different league than Bravos, no matter what kind, as SS930 said.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Steve
I say this 2008 Donzi 38 ZRC..Staggered 525 EFI, XR ITS Drives, great looking boat and is a good manufacture it is a nice deal.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42114-en.html
Newer boat, low hours, 96mph and freshwater boat. They're asking 164k but offer the 150k and I'm sure they'll take it.
I'd be more @125k

But that's the boat I was gonna suggest
Old 10-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Btw the red arc with 700 nxt with 40 demo hrs sold for 150k over a year ago

I really get a laugh at these suggestion threads
Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I have a similar setup just less expensive and LOVE it! Keeping the cruiser is a must and buying a 36 or larger cat or v. But make sure it goes over 90 and the boat is focused on speed like a poker run style boat or a sit down. No reason for amenities on your go fast when you have them on the sea ray! #6 or arnesons are a must.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Yep, this confirms what I have been saying for years. Tom A. is a genius!

Tom, we went to the Clearwater race yesterday. Pretty bumpy. Three passengers who had never been in a performance boat before and they could not believe the ride. It still amazes me how the ZRC runs. Ran it up to 86.6mph for a few minutes on the way home - nice and tight - and she flew straight and true in maybe 3's??? Anyone in the gulf yesterday can give the true wave height but I do not think I am overstating it. In a flat Tampa Bay at day's end she ran a solid 94.2 with four adults and 3/4 fuel load. Easy and smooth.
Really incredible boat. I will miss her!
Why are you selling?

(I cleaned up your spelling, hope you don't mind).
Old 10-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Yep, this confirms what I have been saying for years. Tom A. is a genuis!
Woo-Hoo!!!!

I finally have confirmation!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails If you had 0,000 to spend on a boat.....-wile-e-coyote.jpg  
Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Why are you selling?

(I cleaned up your spelling, hope you don't mind).
Son headed to college - 2300/2400 with a perfect score of 800on the math section - means VERY expensive college! Actually, the real reason is we do not use it enough. I have my Corsa which I use basically as a dirt bike, and it is more than enough for me now. Not sure if that is sad or good.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41269-en.html

Im not implying that Dan is negotiable, thats between seller and buyer. I just know this boats history and what he has done to it recently, and what it would cost to dulicate it.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spending a lot of hours in the boat on LOTO, the ideas of the 38 Cig, Donzi, even 42 Fountain with stock power that now exceed 90 mph is your best bet. Personally, I had the a Sea Ray and a Fountain down there and one thing to avoid is getting yourself too much maintenance on your plate when you are there to enjoy. The stock power will keep your weekends much more stress free and again, 85-95 MPH on most fun weekends down there is plenty fast with the conditions and a families' need for safety. I had the Donzi and it ate up the water but have been there many weekends with my friends TS Gun, 42 Tiger, 42 Fountain, 36 Baja, etc, and they are a blast for that lake. The super busy holiday weekends, less than 36 ft can get a little more tough to recover for the back on the upcoming trip home! Lots of great buys out there too, try Shogren's as well, he has a lot of great listings in your price range.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fglightning

This boat is mine. I think you'll have a tough time finding a 116 MPH boat in this condition that is this reliable for $130k. The ebay listing ends in a few hours so give me a call if you don't see it on there and you are interested and I will send you pics. My cell number is 716-807-9891. Its a 2001 Fountain 42' Lightning W/ staggered Mercury 900's and Mercury dry sump #6 outdrives.

That Tundra was only hooked up to move it from one place to another on the same property. I obviously use a different truck to tow longer distances!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.